torchy

torchy

Hi all

i am 66 years old & started flying helis about 18 months ago.i live on the isle of skye in Highlands of scotland & so it's very difficult to get anybody to get help from.I started with a Blade cx2 twin blade & stepped upto A Blade 120 & then a Blade 130x.I now have a Align Dominator 450L with 3GX system.
A few friends formed a small indoor flying club & so can only fly small models.At times it is very difficult to fly outside due the strength of the winds but am still hoping to fly this Dominator outside so i can say i have achieved some form of flying electric helicopters.I think that is the biggest i will fly but you never know.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Hey torchy, welcome to Rc-Help! The Dominator is a great helicopter, but the 3GX is proving to be a pain. With all of the research I have done, the time spent programming it and the videos made, I have not found that magic settign that just works. I posted in your other thread as well as moved it to the helicopter section. Now that I know you are running a 3GX, I suspect the issue is with the gyro, not the transmitter or pilot. Do you by chance have the money for something like an Ikon or AR7200BX (if using a spektrum Tx only)? There are other gyros out there as well that are quite cheap which could be an option. I would hate for the 3GX to make you give up this fantastic helicopter.

:welcome1:

torchy

Hi tony

thanks for reply.The other problem i had was constant spinning but somhow that seems to have sorted it's self out or i have done something & not known.When i bought it the salesman assured me it was a good heli & the 3GX was the best but i don't think i have found anybody who has said it is a good sytem.At the moment will have to see about earning some money to change the system.It's annoying that last time it had a problem it cost me £100 & it flew great until a small accident caused this trouble.just wanted to know if anybody had come across this problem or is everybody keeping away from the 3GX.At least now i have found somewhere that i can see if i can get help.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
First thing I would suggest is pulling out your main and feathering shafts and rolling them on a piece of glass. They need to be perfectly straight. Any vibration will kill the 3GX. Also make sure your blades are balanced as well.

wolfman76

Welcome torchy glad to have you here. I have to agree with tony on getting a better unit then the 3gx I myself fly with the MSHBrain unit(Ikon) same thing. It is very smooth and easy to setup I myself have never used the 3gx but have heard lots of horror stories about setting it up. Good luck in your heli endeavors

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Torchy, I agree with the other on the 3GX unit, I've had 3 and now changed them all out.

Top Bottom