Kits top flite sierra trainer

wolfman76

Hey Tony what do you think this arf would sell for now i know it is older kit? I just found it laying around where i work i can tell it is old and prob been sitting there for awhile it is still in box wrapped in plastic. How i can tell it probably been sitting there for awhile is because it had a 4ch futaba conquest tx brand new on the box plus a brand new supertiger .40 engine also with the silenced muffler.

ForumRunner_20121130_202543.png

ForumRunner_20121130_202553.png

ForumRunner_20121130_202607.png

Forgot to take a pic of tx

ForumRunner_20121130_202543.png

ForumRunner_20121130_202553.png

ForumRunner_20121130_202607.png

Tony

Staff member
You could probably make a couple hundred off of it, maybe a little more. go to some clubs and find some old timers that know this plane and offer it up for sale.

Tony

Staff member
Must have read it wrong then. I would think a couple hundred either way. I'm not that familiar with the kit.

wolfman76

your right sam i was thinking of that it is half the size of my eagle 2 trainer but if the money was right if the guy decides to sell it to me i would probably sell it though but it would make a good starter plane for my older 2 kids... it not in the post forgot to take a photos but it has everything even a futaba conquest 4ch tx with servos and allit just needs to be put together... and everything looked brand new in the boxes the plane and all the parts were still wrapped in the packaging plastic it had a price sticker on the planes box of $128 and $89 for the super tiger engine a .40 i think all from HOBBYTOWN USA no sticker i could c on the tx's box though

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, with as old as it is, I would think nothing over $200. It's an old plane and engine. Once that engine is worn out, you will more than likely have to buy a whole new engine because you may not find a piston and sleeve.

wolfman76

unless if and when i get it i buy spare engine parts for the engine while i still could then i guess that is if the guy sells it and for reasonable price which brings me back to the question what do you think would be a reasonable price for me to purchase it from him??

Tony

Staff member
As I have said above, I would not pay over $200 for all of it. FM is out of date as is the frame and engine. Old timers may pay more, but you are my age and like new stuff lmao.

wolfman76

gotcha thanks much now just got to wait n seee what he says but man would be cool to get it for a steal but usually not my luck but fingers crossed...

Tony

Staff member
Not my luck either. Won $12 Wednesday on the lotto, and lost it ALL today lmao. Ah well, I will hit it some day...

callsign4223

Staff member
I won $39 last night at my office christmas party at a stupid party game. It's the first time I have ever won, never even had a winning lotto ticket before.

Top Bottom