Kits Top Flite P-40e Warhawk Gold Edition Build Log

Tony

Staff member
Today is the start of the P-40E Build. 03-18-18

This kit was sent to me by @rcmaniac, who is also a Patron of Rc-Help through Patreon.com/RcHelp. This kit has a wingspan of 64" and is a complete balsa wood plane that you have to build from scratch, and then cover.

Last year on April 15th I did the unboxing of this plane on video in a live stream. Along with the kit, which does have some damage and is missing some minor pieces, I also received a roll of ultracote and monokote to cover this plane. It will not be enough for the whole plane, but it is enough to get started!

He also sent me some servoless retracts for this plane as well which are going to be awesome when we are ready to install them!

Step 1 in the process is trying to complete the kit and one major piece that it was missing was the instruction manual. Thankfully, you can download this instruction manual for free from their website and I have decided to print it out. It is a total of 56 pages long and I decided to print it out double sided like the actual manual was printed.

The issue is, my printer that I always use does not have duplexing capabilities. I do have a printer that does, but I don't have the HP 61 black and color ink to print it out that way. So I have to use my Brother J630w printer to do the printing.

Basically I have to print all of the odd number pages first, and print them in reverse order. Then put the paper back in the printer and print all of the even number pages on the back of the odd numbers. It's a royal PITA but I think it will be worth it to not need a computer while building this plane, which was not an option back when this plane was built.

So at this time, I am printing out the pages and when I'm done, I will toss some staples in it and make an actual book out of it. This will make it better, in my opinion, than looking at a PDF on a computer. Just a nostalgia factor that I think this plane needs.

But I promised that I would get to this plane, I just didn't think it would take almost a year to do so. Sorry about that lol. Now I need to get a sheet of plywood so that I can put the plans on it and start this MASSIVE BUILD!!!

Top Bottom