Too old for Heli's

etop8222

Love glider flying and some easy heli flyers like the 120SR. Heli's are great for limited flying area. Heli's take a lot of coordination and quick reflexes compared to planes. I'll be 70 next year and it's to late for me to master the art of flying Heli's. Also, repairs a lot more expensive.

wolfman76

none of here will ever tell you that you have to fly helis it is just a choice of personal preference for most i love planes probably more then helis myself i actually have 4 planes... there is also a middle ground which i think is kindof a middle ground and that is quads y-copters or whatever setup you prefer octo-copter hexacopter they kinda like flying a plane with a slight heli appeal i also have 3 helis a 400 a 450 and a 500 and 1 xrotor quad let me tell you the quad is pretty easy to fly easier then a heli but still gets you acustomned to the concept of a heli... is just my opinion when it all comes down to it you fly whatever makes you happiest which is what this hobby is all about being happy with what you love..... and by the way WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY NO MATTER YOUR AGE YOU ARE NOW OUR BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER.... LOL

Tony

Staff member
I started this hobby when I was 30 and I thought I would never get my fingers to work correctly. But now I can handle them enough to get me by lol. But you are right, planes are much easier to fly and as stated, quads are a great middle ground. Any questions, we will help you out. Just let us know

Lee

Welcome. Pick your weapon and go enjoy yourself. That the aim of the game. Fly, have fun, doesn't matter what it is.

BOKI

To old for heli's & I started in the Rc helicopters about a year ago! I'll be 69 March 26th & I am crazy about Heli's! If I can fly them till I die would be great! Love Heli's because they are so much harder to fly! I am a Private Pilot so I have flown the real thing & Heli's are a challenge to me & just plain Fun! Being Old is something on how you feel & think! But gliders are nice love to have one someday also! :lol: :twothumbsup: Planes are Great Also!

Admiral

Hi Etop8222, Welcome to the forum, Aeromodelling is a hobby, you do it while you enjoy it and I'm sure that at some stage age does come into it.

I have a friend who came back into aeromodelling age 70 when his wife made him give up hang gliding, he has recently turned 79 and still flies fixed wing, helicopters and quads all of which he builds himself, in his case age is no barrier, I hope I'm as lucky.

Top Bottom