Flight Controllers Too Much Stuff On Screen?

Tony

Staff member
I did the maiden flight, FPV Style, of FrankenQuad and the first thing I noticed was the sheer amount of 'stuff' on the OSD! In the picture below, you will see what I'm talking about. Some of the items are very helpful such as the battery voltage and if you have a high tilt on your camera, the horizon markers are very helpful. But wow there is a lot of stuff on that screen lol.

This was a completely stock flight of FrankenQuad and I wanted to fly it with bone stock settings in the RunCam Split, Flight Controller and Stack-X ESC. I will definitely be turning off a LOT of these items lol. And just for comparison, I have included a screen shot of the HD footage from the RunCam Split. It was a cloudy day so it is not as bright as it should have been. But both images are from the same camera! How awesome is that?

Edit: The other thing you will notice is the double black bars in the image. My screen in my Aomway Commander Goggles may show 16:9, but it is just a stretched 4:3. For some reason the default settings in the RunCam Split is to have full screen OFF, which will give you what you see here. It basically shows a 16:9 ratio, and puts bars expecting it to be shown on a 4:3 screen. But once you put that image in a 16:9 editor, it will add the left and right black bars. But turning on full screen, I am now able to fill the screen with the image. Again, I wanted this to be completely stock for the first flight.

SnapShot.jpg

SnapShot(0).jpg

Last edited:

Geena

Staff member
Man....That is cluttered! It looks like it`s all useful stuff, but it also seems it would be hard to get used to looking through it while you`re flying. Is there a way to remove some of the things that you don`t really need, to clean it up a bit? Or is what you see, what you get?

Tony

Staff member
You can remove any item on the screen, or all of it if you wanted. You can also move things around on the screen. I just wanted to post a picture of how it was straight out of the box which is very cluttered.

Geena

Staff member
I`m glad to hear you can customize it. If it were mine, and I was unable to clean that up, it would be on its way back to the place I bought it..lol

Tony

Staff member
You are definitely right about that! This is the first time I have posted a screen shot like that and I think my OCD made me do it lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I will see about taking another screen shot when I start working on the quad again. For now though, I think I need to finish up the Goblin and get it in the air. I kind of miss flying helicopters lol.

Geena

Staff member
You need to come down and fly with me then. Last weekend, I got 18 flights on Saturday and 17 on Sunday. The weekend before last,I got 23 flights on Saturday, and then another 19 flights on Sunday. :) Oh.. and we also went out after work last Thursday, and got in about 6 flights. :D

Top Bottom