Tony's Sit-Rep Update

Tony

Staff member
Well guys, here it is, the update to what is going on in our lives. The family is now moved in with other family and we are away from the violence that had surrounded us. So we are all safe. I was never worried about my own safety, I was worried about my kid's safety. With teh hours that the wife and I work, the kids would be home alone for a period of time every night. And it would be like clock work. I was not willing to put my kids at risk just to stay in that house.

This goes out to the members that had negative things to say about the reasons why I moved. GET OFF MY FORUM, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE! If you feel that I made a mistake by protecting my family, then I feel sorry for yours. I will NEVER put my family in harms way and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to protect them. To say that I was pissed off at some of the members here is an understatement. And those members are no longer allowed on this forum. Family safety should be EVERYONES FIRST PRIORITY! I hate to see members leave, but I surely won't miss them.

At this time the family and I are trying to secure a permanent house to live in. the house we are in now is just WAY TOO DAMN SMALL! I mean, I have no desk to do my computer "stuff" on, I have no kitchen table to drink my coffee when I get up, and worst of all, I have no helicopters to play with in my time off. My anxiety level is off the charts, I'm not sleeping and it's showing.

I think that "cold" that I had has now turned into bronchitis and I can't quit coughing. The worst part is, I don't have the money to go see the doctor to get rid of it, I just have to wait for my body to kick it's ass and it's wearing me out.

The new job that I have, well, it's the exact same job, but at the Joint Force Headquarters in OKC, is also wearing me out. If I could just sit back and relax for a while, I think I would be okay. But when you have someone runnign up the road every 2 minutes and you have to get up and check them into the base, that up and down does a number on a "fat boy". And with no sleep and sounding like you are holding your nose, the Generals look at you kinda funny lol. Lots of high brass here and I'm not used to that. The highest rank that I had to deal with in Lex was a Major. Here, it's everyone from every level of the military.

So I was right, life can get worse than it was. But the family is safe, and that is all that really matters right now. We will find a house soon and we will be moving again, but this time, we are in no rush to get it done. First is the bedrooms, then the kitchen (I have to have my table), then the living room and so on. Most of my garage is going to stay right where it is and some of it will go awya for good. I just don't use most of it.

So my life is changing, my life in this hobby is changing, and quite honestly, my roll here on RCH is changing. I have pretty much become the "webmaster" for the forum, and the members have kept the help going. I try to get on here when I can, but it's not as often as it used to be. But I'm trying.

To the members that have made a donation to help make my situation better, a HUGE thanks from my family and myself! It just goes to show that there are still people out there that do in fact care about "the other person". I still think of myself as a nobody in this hobby that makes little to no difference. I keep doing it because I love doing it, I love this hobby. But every day I get emails, PM's and comments on videos that remind me exactly what I'm doing is what people are looking for. I have never required anyone to pay money for any of the services that are on this forum or on youtube, but you members have shown that you are ready to open your wallets "or paypal as the case may be lol" and help a fellow RC'er out in their time of need. There have only been a couple donations, but let me tell you, it doesn't matter, the thought of knowing that someone actually cares for someone they have never met enough to open their wallets is beyond anything that I have seen before. and for that, you guys that have donated get a HUGE thank you from my family and I. I will find a way to repay you all when we are back on our feet.

for those that are looking for an update to the RCH 600, just keep looking because there is no update. The 600 is sitting on a shelf at the top of the garage all alone and there are no plans to pull it down any time soon unless something changes. Gaba and I have talked and we think that this new property will be a little better to fly this helicopter.

That is pretty much it at this time. I hate my new job, I hate where we are living, my whole world has been turned upside down and it's horrible. But it will all work it's self out one of these days. I'm just a very impatient person and I HATE WAITING!!! But, looks like I have no choice at this time.

Slobberdog

Tony, firstly you have your priorities spot on, my family as well as many a member on this site is paramount, and you done what you had to, no questions there!

As for a donation, as soon as I get paid I will be doing that donation, without this site and your kind and selfless nature, I would have struggled big time to get back into this hobby, and to that I am great full for every word of wisdom that you have posted,

I hope you get over your illness quickly and get your situation sorted out for the better, if there is anything I could do to help I would.

Tony

Staff member
Kev, you guys are doing it. Just showing your support for my family and I is more than we could ask for. I'm not a religious person, but my wife and kids are and it means a lot with what you guys are posting on here.

We will keep on keeping on and we will get through it. I don't think we are going to stay down there in Noble where we are at now, I think we are going to look for a place up here near both of our works so that we are not spending a grand a month on fuel. I don't want to live up here, but we have to do what we have to do. And as long as you are out of OKC, it's a pretty good place.

Slobberdog

Tony this site is a perfect example of paying it forward, but it has been built and driven by a gentleman, words of support are one thing, I just wish I was able to do more......

danhampson

You have done the best thing for your family, moving them out of harms way. And I can't believe some people wouldn't do that.
I hope that you get better soon Tony. All the best mate.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Dan. And your right, some people just don't understand. Maybe they should live my life where they have to carry a gun, EVERYDAY, just to protect themselves and then, maybe, just maybe, they will understand. Let them crap their pants the first time someone slings some lead their way and see what they do. It's the life I choose to live, but I keep my family out of it. And when my family starts to get a little to close to it, then it's time for a change.

Microbus

Tony, I'm really sorry to hear things are so chaotic for you right now. I hope your situation gets sorted sooner rather than later. I can't believe anyone would fault you for trying to protect your family! That just makes no sense to me. A real man takes care of his family and I applaud you for doing what you've done. Keep your head up. I'm sending positive vibes your way.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony don't worry about people who do not understand the basic principles of life. Protect your family and yourself! Remember they want to take our guns away so that the criminals can kill us be for they can come to help! Population control! Less of us to pay benefits too! Man I could donate cash to you I would. With my GF moving out my rent just went from $425 a month to $850. My utilities just doubled so on and so fourth. Plus I have an operation coming up in the beginning of nov. got to figure out how to get couple of grand saved up for that. I'm seriously thinking that my 600 is going by by and maybe a few more things too. To cover the costs while I'm off work a few weeks recovering. So I know where your coming from man. Anyways my prayers go out o you everyday. Good luck man!

Tony

Staff member
Sam, if I had the cash, I would offer you a price on the 600. I want a 600 electric to just bash around with. But yeah, it is what it is.

cn63bug

Hey Tony, glad that your family is safe now. I wish there was something more that I could do, but know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and it will get better.

Adam

dMan im glad i missed what ever bad was said. Tony you did everything spot on. I wish we didnt have to do these things cause of other people that ruins our neighborhoods. I had the cops called cause of our dog which is a pug for barking outside today at 11 am. Yes during the day. Mess with my dog you meet me and all my nitro toys as close to your house you can haha. Lol i chickened out i dont need the cops again. Anybody in your spot would have done the same thing and if they didnt they probably would have regretted there decision. Stay strong man.

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, I'm not doubting my decision in any way. And yes, you are lucky you didn't see what went on. Lets just say, I'm taking the other "member" at his word that he is not coming back. If I see him on here again though, I will be banning him. I would like to keep from that. It sucks that it came down to what it came down to, but it did. He could dish out the crap, but he damn sure couldn't take it. Typical Hypocrite is all he was. The forum is better off now.

Just ready for all of this to be over and to get settled again.

Whirlybird

WOW! You miss checking in a couple of days . . . :dizzy:

Glad to hear things are secure Tony! In spite of all your troubles, O'l Man RC-Help keeps "rolling along" :hdbng:

Tony

Staff member
I'm telling ya bro lol. The "ish" hit the fan around here and my world has been turned up side down. up is down, left is right, wet is dry, I'm not sure what to think about it. However, right now, I'm sitting out on the deck at the table, a beautiful 68ºF at 0822 in the morning. I'm up way too early, but it's worth it to see all the litttle critters out doing their morning thing. Just relaxing.

I would rather be relaxing laying some smack on a helicopter though...

murankar

Staff member
Yeah laying smack on that hover. Tony I wish I had more than words of encouragement, but that's all I have right now. A lot of times it has to get worse before it gets better.

Life has a strange way of making us all better in one way or the other. I as with everyone else who does, pray that things get better for you and your family.

I leave you with this last thing, "without the bitter the sweet is not so sweet".

Thank you for all that you have done and yes keep on keeping on.

Mate I saw some of what went on, and surely we are better off without what was going on!
Glad to hear you're sounding far more relaxed!
It is upside down, but now it is for the better!
Mate can't wait to hear you out and flying and breathing again! haha

Tony

Staff member
Thanks J. You are right, we put up with that for FAR too long. And I will admit, it was my fault. I shouldn't have let it happen after the first time. My bad. But, we are now a better forum and will be able to provide better help. Thanks for your support.

As for flying, I'm looking at building the "clone" and getting it back in the air. However, it will be with all new Align parts. New servos, motor, ESC, frame, everything that is NOT Align, WILL become Align. NOTHING will be left as a clone. I hate to say it, but this is the cheaper way with as far as I have gone on this thing. I think. I'm still looking.

The itch to get back in the air is KILLING ME!!!

Top Bottom