Tony...picture upload problems?

Tony
Just wanted to give you a heads up.
I tried to upload a picture a few minutes ago and it seems to just
sit there and look at me :/
Typically I select the Insert Image icon.
I select From Computer and at that point when I choose select image it does nothing.
However if I select basic up-loader it then allows me to select the pic from the
computer but afterwards it gives me no option to upload.
I restarted Chrome but no luck.
I have uploaded most all of my pics via Chrome in the past just as an FYI.
If you need me to try something else let me know.

Tony

Staff member
250 Quad.jpg

Worked for me and went pretty fast. About normal. You may need to clear out your cache on chrome (I'm using the same browser). Could be a bad cookie or something.

250 Quad.jpg

Yea tried that no luck.
It even is toast with IE.
This is my PC at work, I control all of the Anti Virus so I know that
is not stopping me.
I will log into another PC here to test as well and when I am at home
I will test there as well.
Is there a setting on the web site that might block me from uploading?
Just curious.

Ok my man here are the results.
I tried 2 different PC's here at work and the results are the same
using both Chrome (not logged into my Google account) and IE.
I logged in remotely to my home PC and the same results.
It's like something is not letting me upload?
No worries really but I'm not sure what else I can do on my end.
This also happens in Advanced Mode.
I am going to try to see if the URL function works...please stand by :)

- - - Updated - - -

URL function works?

quake-live.jpg

quake-live.jpg

Well I did one more thing to see if there was a possible limitation set on the maximum amount of pics.
I deleted an old pic from an older post and then re-tried to upload...so luck.
I suppose for the short term I can upload pics to my PhotoBucket account and link
to the URL as a fix.
I can understand this happening on one PC but 3 separate computers has me scratching head.
Anyway just wanted to give you an update.

- - - Updated - - -

This was done by uploading it 1st to my attachments folder under Manage Attachments.
Then selecting the Attachments Icon in the advanced editor I pointed it to the file.

battery.jpg

battery.jpg

RandyDSok

Test image ... WMP51_Gunfighter.jpg

I'm seeing the same issues... the above image ( if shown ) is from a URL but trying to upload from my computers I've tested from, nothing happens. Tested with Chrome on all systems... 2 running Windows 8.1 and one Windows XP. All extentions in Chrome were disabled and popups are allowed for the *.rc-help.com website

Advanced mode... the select file button doesn't depress so can't even select a file
Basic mode... able to select a file but no button is available to continue with the upload.

WMP51_Gunfighter.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I think this is a cloud proxy issue. I'm really starting to hate this thing. I will work on it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, try it now guys. I have my IP address white listed so I can't test it. Try just using the image uploader in teh quick reply box. If it works now, then I know what was causing it.

Tony

Staff member
I see what it's doing and I'm working on the issue. I was able to recreate it on my cell phone not on wifi. Now, I just need the time lol.

RandyDSok

If you PM me when you think you've got it or at least need to test... I'll get an email and I can then check the issue sooner otherwise, I drop in during the morning, after work and then in the evening on and off... If I get the message soon enough and I'm still at work, I can test with XP and Win8.1 both...

Tony

Staff member
I am trying to adjust my DNS back to the stock setting away from teh cloud proxy to see if that is it. If it still happens, then I know it's a server issue (lord knows we have had enough of those lol) and I will be able to better track the issue. But I think it's in the proxy. We will find out if it will ever switch over.

Top Bottom