Tonight's indoor flying

Slobberdog

Well managed to get the 350qx in the air tonight and got through 2 batteries, had a bit of fun, but not sure this is gonna be my thing, maybe it will be different outside, but I am not sure yet.

On the plus side timer set at 6.30 mins and had 3.9v per cell so could go a fair bit further.

Ken Jackson

Hey Kev my 130x has this weird vibration that I can't figure out. It is intermittent and only happens when I'm moving very fast forward. It almost looks like its going to shake apart but just quits shaking and flies normal. Got any ideals?

Ken

I should have taken video but I just wanted to fly before the sun went down. Tail stays locked in, loops, rolls and flips are fine.

Slobberdog

Sounds like you need to clean your servos, you get a nasty intermittent cyclic wobble or shake when they get dirty,

Ken Jackson

Interesting. The slides you think? What do you use? I have replaced all but one of them. Must be the one I didn't replace yet.

Thanks,

Ken

Slobberdog

I take them off the Heli then remove the 4 screws holing the assy on the board then using some switch cleaner or alcohol wipe the tracks on the board,

This link should explain a bit better

[video=youtube_share;V0NIepknfnE]http://youtu.be/V0NIepknfnE[/video]

Is it the front servo you have not replaced, I clean mine probably every 25 batteries I would imagine

Ken Jackson

The front servo was the last one I replaced. I believe the right side servo is the only one I haven't replaced. The front servo was a pain to change.

Slobberdog

it was, but I changed to the xtreme frame and it now slides in from the top, and there's more clearance for the A gear as well

Lee

As well as what Kev suggests which is more than likely the cause. Check for any play in the head from the servos all the way up to the blade grips.
As my MCPX got older, the swash started getting sloppy, and this wobble vibe happened to it as well.
Went away once i tightened all the tolerances up.

Top Bottom