500 Tommy's Head Comparison

Whirlybird

Well, I'm starting a thread on this site for Tommy's (TR911) head comparison for the 500 size helicopters . . . I'm still the first and only to post at the other place . . . and now I'm the first to post here :p . . . (That's gotta be worth something!)

1: Leveling heli with my IPod and "EZ Level+" app
2: Low Stick / Flybar
3: Low Stick / Main Blade
4: Mid Stick / Flybar
5: Mid Stick / Main Blade
6: High Stick / Flybar
7: High Stick / Main Blade

I use a "String" Level on the Flybar and one in the blade holder.

I'm set for 10 degrees pos/neg maximum pitch

My servo to swash control rods are a bit thicker. I mistakenly grabbed a pack of Trex 600 rods from the LHS. They were the only ones in the pack the same length as the 500's, but thicker/beefier . . . I kind of like that :)

( :yuck: Camera was not level, have to use my photo editor to level the pics :yuck: )

Leveling Heli.jpg

Stick Center-Blade Facing.jpg

Stick Center-Flybar Facing.jpg

Stick Down-Flybar Facing.jpg

Stick Down-Blade Facing.jpg

Stick Up-Blade Facing.jpg

Stick Up-Flybar Facing.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Well, I didn't want to post mine until the tracking in the air was perfect. That way the pics would be accurate. So much for that idea lmao

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Nope, the blades are the standard copterx 425mm black blades. The brite spot on the end of a couple of the pictures was my little bubble level

Whirlybird

Nope, the blades are the standard copterx 425mm black blades. The brite spot on the end of a couple of the pictures was my little bubble level

I mean the shots when your under the blade . . . the linkage reflects in the blade like in a mirror :)

Lee

They are great blades Frank. Mine where balanced out of the bag and only $19 a pair. Shame they look like this now :(

Photo 34.jpg

Top Bottom