Batteries Toggle Switch on Profile plane

totoheat

Hello

Has some one experienced any issues with HK toggle Switches?

Am working on a Profile and had remove the switches from plastic body and place them on wing hatch directly
I recall that read somewhere about this switches going off due to vibration

what would be my options to get a reliable switch ?

Sorry am not sure if here is right place for this post :help:

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
What switch? Profile planes usually don't have switches... Can you post a picture.

totoheat

What switch? Profile planes usually don't have switches... Can you post a picture.

Tony

I had installed toggle switch for Ign and Tx on Profile right wing hatch originally this were fitted on plastic body but due to lack of space and fact I don't want to cut hatch to fit switch I remove them from it and place them as you can see on photo

I read somewhere that this switches has tendency to go off due to excessive vibration characteristic on Profile
but its weird to me because if you try a slide type switch you will notice that its more easy to turn it off/on but am not an expert and it would be nice to hear from some one who has tried this switches

Thanks for all your help toggle switches Rigth Wing hatch.jpg

toggle switches Rigth Wing hatch.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I don't think you will have a problem with the switches the way they are. The slide switches are just a lower profile and less likely to have something hit them.

If you want to run the switches, make sure that, as pictured, is the OFF position. Pulling the switches to the back will be on which is the way the wind and bugs are going to go over them so that nothing can flip them off.

Top Bottom