Todays fun

Lee

Flew the 500 this morning. Tried to get it on video but my ipod wasn't pointing where i thought it was. So i only got flashes of heli in the picture. Did some nice stationary flips and rolls and some piroflips, and a grass cutter inverted hover, but on my last flight during a piro circuit I dumb thumbed it and decked the heli :( That will teach me to do them 2ft off the ground.
Luckily and amazingly, although it went in on its side the only thing that broke was a servo arm????? No blades no gears nothing???? And it went it pretty fast. Maybe i can keep it in one piece for more than a week without breaking it next time LOL :D

wolfman76

Wow not bad lee rc gods looking over you. would have been nice if you had got it on video. But i guess that is the way it works sometimes huh... sorry lil off topic but you would'nt happen to know where i could order the square alluminum tubes for the quad copter build you did i have looked at ace hardware home depot menards and even loews and cannot find it at all any help maybe even a online site i could get it from would be greatly appreciated thnx ..

Lee

I got my tubing from my local DIY store here in Spain. From the guys in the US i've heard they got it from Home Depot, but you've look there already. Some of the other guys on here might know specific shops in the US, but try a local aluminium supplier.
Good luck, keep us up to date.

murankar

Staff member
I hope the final assessment of damage is not to bad. Once you tear it about you'll find more damage that what you saw at the field. Hope you get it fixed soon.

wolfman76

oh ok thnx lee maybe i better look at the size needed again maybe i looked right at it and did'nt realize it smallest width tubing i saw was 3/4" wide was looking for 1/2" wide

Lee

Flew her this morning after replacing the servo arms. Flying like it never crashed :D

Lee

We are waiting for the internet guy to come fix it. At the moment our upload speed is 0.02Mbs, basically crap. The problem is our wireless system is next door in our landlords house. If they don't fix it this week i'm just going to get our own connection. I'm not spending the next year with crap internet again.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I remember those speeds. Those that are so slow it takes about 7 hours to upload a short video lmao. Been there. Now, it takes at most an hour and a half to upload the videos that I have done here lately. Much better IMO. Hope to see you uploading again here soon.

Top Bottom