General Today's flight - 7-22-17

bigone5500

Got out again and flew for almost 4 minutes. The wind was much higher that I am used to and was hot. The small helicopter was being blown around more than I have experienced in the past. Due to this, I was challenged with keeping it in an area I had designated. This almost proved to be catastrophic. The wind blew the heli backward and to my right. I attempted to stabilize it and in doing so, it started to head towards me. NOT good. I hit the throttle to get it above me and the dreaded overhead flight came to be. I had positioned myself near the treeline and due to this, the heli came within a couple feet of its demise. I was able to use my skills learned from the simulator to regain control and steer it away from the trees. In turn, I flew the heli MUCH higher than I have ever had it. Check my 270 videos, There is a sweet gum tree to the far side of the field I fly in, the heli was an easy 20' above that. So the heli at about 75' high is waaaay out of my comfort zone and is getting to the point where I am about to have issues with seeing it very well. I'm sure the winds were faster up there too. However, I was able to get control of the heli and my nerves and bring it back somewhat safely. As soon as it was stable at the helipad, I sat 'er down and called it a day. I don't think I could have flown again due to my hands shaking. LOL!!! This thing is going to drive me to drinking...

Tony

Staff member
Just wait until you see my 450 video I shot today (crappy video, but you see my horrendous mistake lmao).

Keep up the great work bro!

Top Bottom