Spektrum to light or not to light

hawk-i

I have a dx6i that I continue to forget to turn off. I have read that there has been many problems with backlight kits and that horizon hobby won't work on the radio if modified. Is there a way to put some sort of power light on this radio without causing problems?

murankar

Staff member
Usually once you open it that's it. If you need a warning light of some sort it should be as easy as an led on the main switch. Make a small hole and mount the light.

As for the back light, many members tried the project just to brick the radio. You really need to know what your doing when installing one.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hawk-i

I saw there was one from tech4 rc that comes plug and play. No soldering. Has anyone tried one of those?

EyeStation

Thanks Hawk-I. I just ordered one from Tech4RC. I like the fact that the wiring connector is a piggy back connector for the display. No cutting, soldering or other chances of electrical mishap. I watched his install video and did not see him remove anything from the back of the LCD screen. None of the other comments on his YouTube page mention needing to mod the display glass at all.
$26 shipped to the US is a bit much, but I will appreciate it when flying indoors.
Should be here in a couple weeks, I'll let you know what Eye think then.
Oh yeah, I went for the red to match the Spektrum trim accents.

hawk-i

Hope it works out for you. I also have one on the way. From what I'm reading the biggest problem with the mod seems to be with disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbon harness. We must not damage that. Good luck.

EyeStation

Pretty happy with my backlight mod from Tech4RC. Bought it on Feb 27th, and at my door on March 6th.
About 15 minute installation and this is how it looks. I'm very happy.
[video=youtube_share;p9TvLwkHzqk]http://youtu.be/p9TvLwkHzqk[/video]

hawk-i

Got mine but it wasn't the plug and play version. Took my about an hour and half to install mine and it works great. Had to do a little soldering but it wasn't too much trouble. Also upgraded the roller wheel with the metal version.

Top Bottom