Trucks Tmaxx Converted To Emaxx Troubles

Kettenhund

I have a 4910 TMaxx I have converted to EMaxx-ish status. I have the how2rc mount (hate it), castle sidewinder 8th motor and esc, rear steel traxxas cvd driveshaft, single speed/forward only black case tranny, aluminum chassis braces/front and rear skid plates/lower front a-arms, rpm shock towers/body mounts. I have the rpm true track system, e-Revo front knuckles, traxxas steel cvd axles, and one EMaxx Diff that I bought all the parts for and assembled. I have some questions - hopefully you guys can answer them. I cannot find definitive answers online, and I am getting tired of dropping money on parts that won’t work.

The emaxx Diff I assembled with all the parts in the traxxas schematic. There are no shims in the Diff, other than the one washer that came in the parts kit that goes between the x-ring and axle stub on the passenger side. After assembling this thing, it’s tighter that my wife with a dollar. I cannot spin the axle stubs separate of each other without some pliers. Also, the driveshaft stub binds in one spot on the ring gear. What did I do wrong? I’m VERY competent with RC assemblies. I followed the schematic to a T.

I have the black 4910 tranny converted to single speed, forward only. I also converted to the newer style slipper clutch. I want the strongest tranny I can use, as I am running 6s. Would that be the 3905 emaxx tranny? I assume I will have to use adapter plates to run the 3905 tranny on my 4910 chassis. I would much rather use a bolt in tranny, but will do what is necessary to quit breaking things. The main reason for moving to an emaxx tranny is to use the emaxx motor mount. I HATE the how2rc mount. It takes up too much room on the chassis, and it flexes heavily with the 8th motor and 6s.

I bought the erevo front knuckles to convert to the traxxas steel axles. I assume I will also need to convert to 3.3/emaxx a-arms to use the front axles? That’s a bummer, as I have a very nice set of lower aluminum a-arms I got for a steal at a closing lhs.

I also have the traxxas steel cvd driveshafts. Only the rear will fit with the 4920 tranny and 4920 diffs. I plan on building another 3905 diff for the front. Will the 3905 tranny and diff combination allow the use of the steel front driveshaft?

Top Bottom