Spektrum TM1000

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I installed a telemetry TM1000 with a AR7200. Had a hell of a time getting it to work but finally got it. Now it seems to lose it's bind every now and then. Everything else works fine but I get a rapidly flashing light on the telemetry module. Any thoughts? If I re-bind it's fine again.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I do not think it compatible with that RX. It need to be a dsmx RX like the ar8000 or AR 6210. The 7200 is the older heli RX I had one on my 600 it may work on the AR7200BX RX.

canongraphy

Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
my bad, it is a AR7200BX DSMX. Sorry about that. But you got me thinking so I started looking and I found this in the 7200bx manual. I cant find it specifically written that the AR7200BX is compatible

"Compatibility:All DSM2 and DSMX aircraft transmitters and module systems"

pvolcko

It should be compatible. Give horizon hobby a call. They're pretty good about taking care of these issues and warranty replacements.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well it appears I have a problem with this module. Spoke to Horizon this afternoon and couldn't make it happen, then came home from work and tried it and the problem was back. Their going to send me a new one. Probably take 2 weeks tho...O well

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I figured out whats going on. If I bind the system everything works fine. When I power it down, rx first then tx, and then power it back up tx first then rx, the telemetry module is in bind mode with the light flashing fast. It's not the module because I swapped it out and still have the same problem. I'm lost

Tony

Staff member
How are you binding the system. Walk me through the steps that you are performing.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sure, first i connect the tm1000's data port to the ar7200bx "bind/data" port with the 2" cable. Then press and hold the button on the tm1000 and everything flashes. rx,sat rx and the tm1000. Apparently in bind mode. Then I press and hold the bind button on the DX7s and turn it on. The screen shows it's binding and even show telemetry. When it connects everything works fine. I can see volts, temp and flight log data until I cycle the system. I mean power off rx, then tx. I even re-set the whole model on my dx7s and started from scratch but still nothing.

Tony

Staff member
I see nothing wrong with your method, that is exactly how you are supposed to do it. Seems to be something wrong with the telemetry module it's self. I would contact Horizon and see if you can get it replaced. Or, if you purchased it locally, take it back to them and see if they will exchange it for you.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've already replaced it. I have another one coming too. My next step is to install it in my 550 and see if it works there. It looks like this will be prosess of elimination. No one seems to know

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So hers what Horizon told me to try. First bind the system. Then turn off the heli but leave the tx on. Then remove the signal wire from the data lead that goes from the tm1000 to the ar7200bx. Then turn the heli back on and it should stay bound. So far so good. I'll post in a few days if it's fixed. Someone is bound to have this problem some time

Tony

Staff member
That would make sense IF the Rx was making the telemetry module think it was getting a bind signal from the ground and signal being shorted out. But they are right, the signal wire is there ONLY to bind the TM1000 and Rx. Once binding is done, then you just need the red and black to supply the TM1000 with power. Hope it works well for ya.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey guys, just thought I'd update you on my dilemma. Still dealing with this telemetry problem. The guys at Horizon have been great! We have narrowed the issue down to a problem with the AR7200bx FBL controller. I've sent it in to them so will hear back in a few days. @Tony, we found that removing the signal wire fixed my problem but created another. That being that the flight log could not record and data without that signal. I'm on a quest to get to the bottom of this...lol
T

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Update on this. I sent the AR7200bx to them and they couldn't find anything wrong. They told me to send everything I'm using in less the TX so now waiting to hear. These guys have been great trying to get me squared away.

ThomasHumble

Update on this. I sent the AR7200bx to them and they couldn't find anything wrong. They told me to send everything I'm using in less the TX so now waiting to hear. These guys have been great trying to get me squared away.

I have been reading your posts about your 550 build and some of the issues. I also have just finished building my 550E DFC. This is my first AR7200BX as my first two (TREX 450 , 250) both had 3GX. I noticed you have had problems getting the TM1000 to bind. Mine has never bound, I even have tried two TM1000's since the DX8 I bought for this build had one with it and I already had one. The Rx binds nicely by itself but when I introduce the TM1000, either nothing binds or the TM1000 binds but not the Rx.
Did you ever get any resolution to your issue in this thread?

Tony

Staff member
One thing to remember is you must plug the TM1000 into the bind/battery port on the 7200bx and you must use the bind button when you turn it on. You can't use a bind plug on these. Just push the button, plug in the heli and make sure you have flashing lights on all Rx's. Then bind as usual.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Actually my 550 I never had a issue with. I have telemetry on it also (TM1000 and AR7200BX) and never had any problem with it. It's works perfectly fine on that model. My issue was with my 700E. The boys at Horizon couldn't figure it out ether so I created a work around. They sent me a new telemetry module and a new AR7200 and still the same problem. I never had a issue getting it to bind, my problem was it would lose it's bind after you turned it off. So I installed a small slide switch in the signal wire going to the TM1000 to interrupt that signal. Now I wait for the AR7200 to initialize and then slide the switch on and it works fine. I've flown it a bunch now with no issues. I just gave up on trying to figure it out. But in your case it doesn't sound like the same problem. Are you doing it like Tony said? I'd be happy to chat on the phone if you want. Inbox me if you still need help.
T

ThomasHumble

One thing to remember is you must plug the TM1000 into the bind/battery port on the 7200bx and you must use the bind button when you turn it on. You can't use a bind plug on these. Just push the button, plug in the heli and make sure you have flashing lights on all Rx's. Then bind as usual.

Thanks, I tried to bind per directions but it wouldn't bind all devices at once, TM1000, AR7200BX, TR1000, and a satellite. I guess my issue was being too close. After walking across the room, it still took 4-5 tries until everything bound. Working fine now. The verbal battery voltage callout from the iPhone(TR1000 STi) as I fly is worth the initial hassle.

Top Bottom