Batteries Timebomb!!

Dirk

I confiscated one of my mates lipos yesterday. He's been leaving his lipos and all his helis on the floor. A wooden floor. In a wooden house!!

I gave him a good crap out session and education on the storage and maintenance of lipos.

Have a look at this lipo. He wanted to prick a hole in it to "relieve the pressure"

004.jpg

004.jpg

Dirk

Pumped up to 35 Bar!!

I still have to safely dispose of this battery. I the meantime it is lying in my oven. Seems to be safest place to keep it at this stage.

Memo to self: Do NOT switch on the oven!

Lee

Short the wires together, watch it go boom :D
Thats what I do with mine before I throw them out.

Stambo

You have to blow it up, with video. You simply can not pass up this opportunity to entertain us. :biggrin1:

murankar

Staff member
Yep you need to blow it up on video. It has to be on video or it does not count. Make sure you have him there too so he can see the destructive force.

If you need to store it I would use any metal can and leave it somewhere safe.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that battery is trash. Shove a nail through it, or do as Lee stated and short it out, then stand back. After that, it should be safe to dispose of.

treff

When the batteries get blown out that large it softens the impact with the ground. Of course the resulting fire still kills the copter but so much more fun
and you can warm your hands on a cold day. lol

sarconastic

I had a guy tell me if you take a battery like that and put it under a stack of books it will go back flat and be perfectly fine afterwards. :lol: Wow! NOT! We had a little talk too.

WOody

murankar

Staff member
Yeah nice one. I wouldnt fly with him.

Just dispose of the pack and turn it into radio shack to be recycled or what ever they do with them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

vimy

When the batteries get blown out that large it softens the impact with the ground. Of course the resulting fire still kills the copter but so much more fun
and you can warm your hands on a cold day. lol

Where I live you would more than warm your hands, the result will be a bushfire in our summer.

Dirk, someone didn't notice "Please Read Safety Instructions and Warnings Before Use" at the bottom of the label as seen in the photo.

Top Bottom