• Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Time to upgrade

Tony

Administrator
Staff member
The Z offset is only for the first layer. What is your layer height in your slicer? That will be layers 2 to however many for the print. The z offset will do nothing for any layer after the first one.

I was thinking my nozzle as well, but it hit me, even if it is worn, you just adjust the offset and it's golden again. And unless you have been printing carbon based filament, the nozzle is likely fine.

For me, I use a 0.2mm layer height (standard) for most prints unless I just need to pump out the test piece, or I need something super accurate.

bigone5500

.2mm layer height. I think at this point I will start over as if I just installed the CR Touch and flashed the firmware. Maybe my bed is so out on the front that it can't compensate?

Tony

Administrator
Staff member
That would be a pretty large change, but I guess it is possible. At least worth a try because mine is awesome! (ahem, the touch screen makes it SOOO easy lol, but not sure if you can install on the 5)... lol

Tony

Administrator
Staff member
I mean... Even my wife got rid of her chick phone for a real phone... Just sayin' :lmao:

Top Bottom