Chargers Thunderpower TP610C Safety Recall

vimy

Derek

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have this charger and I've used it for over two years. I've not had any issues with it but it would be worth the call to simply inquire.

vimy

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have this charger and I've used it for over two years. I've not had any issues with it but it would be worth the call to simply inquire.

Thanks Derek, you gave me a far better reception than I got from WattFlyer. The way one person responded, it seemed like a suggestion that I was trolling. I thought I was doing the right thing.

My concern is safety for users of electrical gear.

Derek

I can assure you that we, at RCH, are very concerned and serious about safety. I think it's great that you mentioned it here on the forum. I did email TP, with a few curious questions. I haven't heard back from them yet. I may try emailing them again.

Derek

I just got a reply from Christian Hoffman. He is a part oof the service team at Hacker Motors in Deutschland. He strongly suggests that I take my charger back to my dealer for free replacement.

So, that's what I'm gonna do.

vimy

I just got a reply from Christian Hoffman. He is a part oof the service team at Hacker Motors in Deutschland. He strongly suggests that I take my charger back to my dealer for free replacement.

So, that's what I'm gonna do.

It's odd that there is no such recall on the Thunder Power website. So much for customer support there.

Derek

I have another update. I printed out the recall notice and took it and my charger to my dealer. I showed the recall notice to the guys there. They hadn't heard anything about it but they did call Thunder Power and asked them about it. The guy at Thunder Power said that this recall isonly in Germany. I live in the United States, so the guy from TP said that I should have nothing to worry about.

So, I took my charger home.

vimy

Hello Derek, that's good.

I did mention that I didn't know if it affected the 110v models. Better to be safe than sorry.

Top Bottom