Thunder Tiger Raptor

Adam

So i finally got this bird all put together and almost setup and when i say almost well i made a huge mistake while setting this all up. It was a whole new territory with this bird and lots more to learn but that is no excuse for what happened:sorrow: So with some mathematical equations gaba helped me figure what rpm to set the multigov at. Everything was going well. So i set everything else up and while i started doing that the throttle servo was buzzing so i tried to make this go away and instead of unplugging it I watched it go up in smoke. Dumb Dumb Dumb me lol. I was using a metal horn thinking it would be a good idea but i was wrong. Well everything else is just perfect. I have it set to beginner for time being with +-8 collective pitch. the wiring is not very clean but it does its purpose and this huge canopy hides it anywho. Here it is.
20130324_142759.jpg20130324_142525.jpg20130324_142427.jpg20130324_142406.jpg

20130324_142759.jpg

20130324_142525.jpg

20130324_142427.jpg

20130324_142406.jpg

Adam

Thanks guys its not as easy to make the wiring look good in these big birds like a 450 thats for sure. So i have the new throttle servo ordered and the fuel will be here this week also so i guess its ready lol.......AM I

Adam

So i dont know what is going on but another servo is doing the same thing. Did i get bad servos off of ebay or am i doing something wrong here is the ebec not working?

- - - Updated - - -

so I emailed the guy I ordered three of the five setvos from cause the ds655 is fine and the other 615 I got somewhere else is. so that means its not a power issue

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
so the throttle servo was and is ds615 ? ok ..

multigov should not be putting out more than 5 v on the servo output.. thats all it needs. Check that.. the throttle servo goes through the multigov.. if you multigov turns on, then your bec and all are fine..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
and in that pic I only see two wires coming to the multigov.

It is supposed to have four... two from RX (one if you are using 6 channel rx like dx6i) , one from sensor, and one to the servo .

Did you plug the throttle servo in the wrong location ?

Adam

Yes you are correct gaba if you also notice in the pictures the throttle Servo is missing lol cause i unistalled it. Here is a video of the elevator servo acting the same way and i tested the power coming from the bec. The guy from ebay is having me ship them back for two more so looks like back to square one but i wanna make sure i dont have any other problem here besides a crappy deal.
[video=youtube_share;TzS7X0iBxj4]http://youtu.be/TzS7X0iBxj4[/video]

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes you are correct gaba if you also notice in the pictures the throttle Servo is missing lol cause i unistalled it. Here is a video of the elevator servo acting the same way and i tested the power coming from the bec. The guy from ebay is having me ship them back for two more so looks like back to square one but i wanna make sure i dont have any other problem here besides a crappy deal.
Video Link: http://youtu.be/TzS7X0iBxj4

Yeah that servo chatter doesnt sound good. Have you put it on other channel to see what it does
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I'm running the 600 on 6.6vDC, but may take it down to 5 before I fly it. As for wire management, look at the RCH 600, it's possible to make a clean install on a big heli. MUCH easier than that 450 lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I think that the busing sound is normal for a digital servo to make I sent it? My 600 servos make that noise. But everything works had it should.

Adam

Good so I don't have to worry about power then I will run them at 6. And yes I plugged that one in the vid to every channel and the outcome was the same. the guy is letting me ship them back and replace them hopefully. but of course I ordered one already so I might have a spare or one to sell. thanks guys

Adam

Cool so i put an new ds615 on the elev and an Savox on the throttle. And wouldnt you believe there was nothing wrong except two bad servos. The guy is exchanging them and now i dont even know if it will be worth reselling them? Or just keep them for backups or the gears any suggestions.

murankar

Staff member
If they are fixable or still working keep for backups. Failures will happen and you will wish you had them.

Adam

Ya lets hope he doesnt send me crap ones again. I hooked that savox up on the throttle and align on the elevator and didnt even have to adjust anything. Now if i wasnt chicken i would go outside and fire her up but im not good with nitro lol and dont want to damage it.

Top Bottom