Other Throttle lag??

sarconastic

I setup my Fs-t6 in the plane. everything is setp up right as far as I can tell. the only real trouble I am having is that when I raise the throttle I have to raise it about 30% of travel before the motor kicks in. It appears to throttle up all the way fine but nothing until 30-35% of stick travel. I check in Display and the stick is showing travel all the way from 0 to 100%. I check the throttle curve and it is set at 0,2,50,75,100. a basic straight line on that.

Ay ideas? Normal? ESC? receiver? way to check output from receiver etc?

this is one of the cheap motor/esc cobos fro ebay and HobbyKing sels it too. Here 2212 1000KV Outrunner Brushless Motor 30A ESC Combo for Multicopter Em 01 | eBay

Thanks

Woody

sarconastic

Brushless is new to me. didn't think about calibration at all. With a little search I found this. Will try it tomorrow.

Calibrate.
Turn on the radio with throttle stick at high.
Plug in battery
Wait for special tones to indicate programming mode
Move stick to full low
More tones
Unplug battery
ESC should now know the throttle range of your transmitter.

Tony

Staff member
If your throttle curve is what you posted it is, then that could be your issue.

Here is a rough estimate of how to calibrate the ESC. Turn your Tx on and raise the stick to full throttle. Plug the plane in and wait for the initial beeps. Once you hear them, lower the throttle all the way. The ESC should initialize as usual. Now, you should have throttle below 30%. And make sure your curve is 0 25 50, not 0 2 50.

sarconastic

thanks Tony. Yes the curve is the default 0,25,50... I typed. I will try the calibration when I can tomorrow. Which these people would send a manual with these things.

Found one called a red brick on their site that also describes Lipo battery protection built in. I am wondering if this one has anything like that.

Woody

Lee

They all have lipo protection built in. Its called LVC (low voltage cut off) You can set it to cut off at a specific voltage, usually around 3.3 to 3.5V
You can also choose whether it cuts off immediately or reduces power. Reduce power is the correct one for helicopters.

sarconastic

That worked like a champ. Full throttle travel now. Still trying to find a programming manual for this esc with no luck yet. DO most of them use the same procedures?

Woody

Lee

If its a Mystery esc, here are the sequences.

ESC program procedure

Normal Start Up

When throttle stick is off, you will hear one Beep for Brake on, or two tones for Brake off.

Program
When throttle stick is at full power connect battery and switch on and wait for 5 seconds.
Setup mode isentered:

1. Brake: If you pull the stick to off within 5 sec Brake will be changed
(On ->Off or Off ->On)
2. Battery type: (Voltage Cut-off)
Ni-Cad . . . . .
2 Lipos(5.6V) .. .. .. .. ..
3 Lipos(8.4V) ... ... ... ... ...
4 Lipos(11.2V) .... .... .... .... ....
5 Lipos(14V) ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

3. Rotation Reverse: Reverse motor rotation 5 short musical notes
4. Soft Start: Enable: 5 short musical notes
Disable: 5 long musical notes

5. Under Voltage:
Ignore: _.. _.. _.. _.. _..
Reduce Power: _. _. _. _. _.
Cut Off: ._ ._ ._ ._ ._

6. Timing:
Automatic (7 - 30 Degree) .. .. .. .. ..
Soft (7 degrees) .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
Hard(22 - 30 Degrees) .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

7. Frequency: 8kHz ' ' ' ' '
16kHz b b b b b

Restore Default Settings: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

8. Active rpm control:

rpm control off: _._ _._ _._ _._ _._
20,000 rpm _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._
50,000 rpm _..._ _..._ _..._ _..._ _..._
100,000 rpm _...._ _...._ _...._ _...._ _...._
(60A/80A only)

Factory Default Settings:
Brake: Off Battery Type: 3 Li-Poly Under Voltage: Reduce Power Soft Start: Enable

Timing: Auto Frequency: 8kHz Active RPM Control: Off

Top Bottom