Throttle Hold/Spool Up etc on Dx8.......GRRRRR!

strtbobber

So, I've followed the instructions on how to use my Dx8 on the RF sim. Seems to work, other than the fact that my helis won't spool up as in mode 1,2 or 3. In other words, I can't fly inverted or do any negative stuff. Also, my throttle hold switch won't work on the sim. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify.........the heli spools up, but only in the manner of using the throttle stick as a throttle on an airplane. Hope you know what I mean.

Tony

Staff member
When I fly on RF with my DX8, I have two profiles set. One for a plane, one for a helicopter. If you are trying to fly a helicopter on a plane profile, that is why your hold is not working. If you are on helicopter profile, then make sure in the Flight Mode settings in the first menu (push and hold the roller when you turn the Tx on) that your hold is set to the hold switch.

Also, make sure to use passthrough on each model you are flying. Otherwise, it's all wacky.

strtbobber

When I fly on RF with my DX8, I have two profiles set. One for a plane, one for a helicopter. If you are trying to fly a helicopter on a plane profile, that is why your hold is not working. If you are on helicopter profile, then make sure in the Flight Mode settings in the first menu (push and hold the roller when you turn the Tx on) that your hold is set to the hold switch.

Also, make sure to use passthrough on each model you are flying. Otherwise, it's all wacky.

Thanks. I've got two profiles set up. I've set them up just like you have in your vids. I'll just have to double check that the hold is set to the hold switch.

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried installing the file that I Have for the helicopters? If not, it's worth a shot. Make sure to change the first number (in this file, it's "16") to the model number you want to upload it to.

View attachment 16RF65H_.SPM

Derek

I know this is off topic, and I apologize for that..but I didn't know I could do a heli profile as well as a plane profile. I'll have to look into that.

Tony

Staff member
OP, have you tried to just download the file, put it on your memory card for the DX8 and upload it into your Tx? The file will not open on the computer, it's proprietary to the DX8 only.

Derek, you should have known this. every time I'm on the sim, phoenix or RF, if I'm flying a plane, I'm on a plane profile and vice versa. It's the only way I do it so that my switches are the same all the time.

Top Bottom