General Throttle cut

sneezy007

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to program two throttle cuts on the DX9? I want to add an extra layer of safety with my airplanes.

Thanks,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
Just thinking about it, I do not think so. Well, I guess you could set not only the throttle hold, but also an F-Mode that is a flat 0%....

Tony

Staff member
One thing I just thought of, you said plane. Planes do not have an F-Mode. So for this option, you would need to use a helicopter profile, which would remove the wing profiles. But other than using F-Mode, I can't think of another way to setup redundant throttle cuts. If you figure something out, post up and let us know. I would be very interested in knowing what worked.

Geena

Staff member
Actually, yes you can. Page 27 of the manual explains it. I have helped a few of the guys at our clubs to set up throttle cut on their electric airplanes. All you have to do, is go to the throttle cut menu and enable throttle cut. You might have to use a negative percentage (as per page 27) to shut off the throttle when the switch it on.

Tony

Staff member
My apologies Geena, I may have went a little off with my post. He has throttle cut, but he is wanting a secondary, alternate switch that will also cut the throttle.

Geena

Staff member
My apologies Geena, I may have went a little off with my post. He has throttle cut, but he is wanting a secondary, alternate switch that will also cut the throttle.
ahhhh. now that I don`t think you can do with Spektrum. seems a bit unnecessary anyway. Having two switches to control the same function is just going to complicate things in my opinion.

Top Bottom