Quad This Quad Almost Burnt My Studio Down!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
So I was sent a few quads from amazon to do some reviews on and the first one that I reviewed was the MJX X101. This quad does fly pretty good for a beginner, the Tx is somewhat okay, but the battery charger that comes with it over charges the batteries. The images I show in the video are right as it goes green. I left it on the charger and it just kept climbing in voltage. My thoughts are, do not get this quad for someone that wants to get into the hobby. But you can get it for someone IF they have a 2s balance charger.

Have a watch and let me know what you think.

Goldenwide MJX X101 FPV RC Quadcopter Review - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
I'm curious as to just how high this charger will charge a battery. So, I put it on the included charger and I'm going to see how high it will go... Yes, I have taken the required precautions because I expect this battery to not survive this test lol.

Tony

Staff member
Just an update on this. The battery has a green light on the charger, but the charger keeps putting voltage into the pack. Right now my voltages are below.

All: 8.47
C1: 4.18
C2: 4.29

I'm trying a little time lapse with the SJ5000, but don't know how it's going to turn out.

EyeStation

Are you using the cheap battery monitor they shipped with it? Or have you checked those readings against a voltmeter too?
Kinda bad how the one battery was connected during shipment.

Tony

Staff member
I have checked it with a volt meter and the monitor that came with it is .02 volts off. So pretty close. And yes, I have no idea why it was plugged in. Thankfully the switch was off. I'm wondering if they didn't send me a test quad that they had already flown...

Top Bottom