Batteries This just happen :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
5yrs + and this is the first time this happen. I'm glad I use my military box and don't leave my batteries UN attended when it comes to charging and dis-charging. I needed a new charger anyway IMG_1697.JPG andIMG_1695.JPG I guess batteries too :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for asking CD. The animals, our selves and the house are a little smoky but fine :) Don't know what happen. The batteries and parallel board are a few weeks old. I just checked the charger out and it still works. I guess that's why they call it an accident. I'm just glad I caught it on time.

Admiral

Good thing you use the box, I charge on a plate steel bench with the batteries on a fire proof blanket, but you have me re-thinking the way I do it.

Glad you had no major damage.

Derek

I'm sorry that you lost your batteries and board, man, but at least everyone and the house are ok. I'm so very glad to see that you use a metal box.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yulp that ammo box help a lot Derek and everyone. I highly recommend it.Here a pic after the smoke cleared and I had the chance to look at the mess in the day light IMG_1698.JPG

ChopDrifter

Good to hear everyone is ok. I just recently bought a parallel charging board too, might have to keep an eye on it.

sneezy007

Sorry to hear DOG, glad everyone and everything is ok.
You can't be too careful when it comes to charging batteries.
Dino

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your absolutely right Dino. You cant be too careful. I did find out that it wasn't the charger. It had something to do with the batteries or the board. I do have a new charging board, batteries and charger on the way :). That's the good news. The bad news is we got a hurricane heading to Fla. and I wont be able to fly this weekend :( Lol.

sneezy007

It is scary though when you don't know what actually caused the problem.

Stay safe DOG, hopefully the hurricane misses Florida.
Dino

murankar

Staff member
Prc modular para boards are awesome for preventing this from happening.

Good to hear that all was contained.

Tony

Staff member
That looks like a balance wire came off and shorted two of the cells on one of the packs.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Tony might of nail it. It's not the charger because it still works. I'm using it til my new one arrives. The board well you cant tell but it wasn't a week old. The battery wasn't that old either. I just know one thing... I don't want that to happen.

Duncan

5yrs + and this is the first time this happen. I'm glad I use my military box and don't leave my batteries UN attended when it comes to charging and dis-charging. I needed a new charger anyway View attachment 18204 andView attachment 18205 I guess batteries too :(

[/ I never leave batteries unattended ever since while charging a 2s 3200 mah battery I heard a whistling sound I checked and the battery was venting powder I pulled it off the charger and put it outside away from anything about 3 minutes later the hissing became louder and the battery burst into flame shooting flames 12-15 feet into the air and creating a bomb crater in my driveway. They are bombs and need to be handled with care.
Glad things are good,
Duncan

Top Bottom