General this is my situation

Sparse

Hey guys, last night i went through the article we have for the fbl head set up. and i have something going on. my one blade is a 0 mid stick, the other is 0.04. full positive is about 13 and some change. and negative is the same except on one blade i am getting a negative of about 12 and some change, this is the same blade i am getting the 0.04 on. you guys have any ideas, or is this okay ? this is doing the manual trim with the swash, I did not do the swash mixing menu yet cause i wanted to know about this first.

Last edited:

pvolcko

That's fine. You're not going to notice .04deg of difference.

You probably will not be able to notice the difference between min and max pitch settings, either. However, if your FBL unit allows try to get the max and min collective pitch set the same. If needed, move the swash up or down with the swash-servo links to get things centered up.

What FBL unit you using?

Sparse

im using the 3gx. I am not to concerned about the 0.04 i was more wondering about the negative collective being in the 12 degree range everything else is matched up for the most part the blades are 13 up and down, except the one blade on down it is showing 12.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Are you checking the blades at the same point on the helicopter? ie, the blade you are checking is always pointing towards the front of the heli, never the side or rear?

pvolcko

oh, okay, I misunderstood. One blade is 12 and the other is 13 at min and max. Hmm. That's kind of odd. As Tony says, make sure you are checking both at the same rotational position (I usually use straight out from the nose). If you are using a digital gauge then this is especially important since the reference zero will change as you move around the rotor disc sweep. On a dial gauge you can reference to a bar or something laid across the top of the head and be able to move between front and back blade without issue.

murankar

Staff member
Make sure your swash is level. By doing so you will eliminate that issue from the equation.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
The swash being level is not the issue here. With a digital pitch gauge, you have to zero it out by putting it across the top of the frame just in front of the main shaft. By doing this, the ONLY place on that helicopter that is now level with the gauge is in front of the main shaft. Not the left, right or behind, only in front of the main shaft. This means that all readings, on both blades, can ONLY be done in front of the main shaft and you can NOT move the helicopters position from when you set the gauge.

Sparse

ok im at about 13.3 positive collective, and 12.8 negative collective, manually trimming the swash. this seems as close as i can get, is this ok can i go into the swash mixing now and finish the head set up ? mid stick is about 0.04.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that pitch is just fine. It's very hard to get that last little bit out of the helicopter. Sounds like you are on teh right track.

Sparse

yeah it took awhile, but thanks to you and the rest of the members on here Ive been helped a lot plus learned a lot thanks to every body.

Tony

Staff member
Hey it's our pleasure bro! That is what we are here for. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Top Bottom