This is how far I have gotten

Wolfman

Ok guys I know we all like to see the pics here is where I am at on my heli.20130314_202708.jpg20130314_202726.jpg20130314_202756.jpg20130314_202846.jpg
I had to extend the base out the front to mount the ESC, the receiver went on the base under the tail mount. The gyro will go under the tailmount.
The paint job was a disapointment it was looking really good, until I shot the clear on and then it went south and orange pealed in a few places.

Ok guys I'm ready for your comments it is a 450 Sport clone that I am upgrading some align parts into.

Randy

20130314_202708.jpg

20130314_202726.jpg

20130314_202756.jpg

20130314_202846.jpg

Tony

Staff member
one piece skids are from the Align t-rex pro. I don't know if he re-drilled them, but I know for a fact that they were on my old pro.

Slobberdog

Yeah Tony I have seen the pro ones but the frames are narrower on them as they use a one piece side frame as well, might have found one though, align-trex.co.uk have one they claim will fit will have to call and find out.

Tony

Staff member
The other difference, and why I said he may have re-drilled them, the Pro that I had and it's skids, the holes are in the center. There is only one hole in the front and in the rear. But, if you found one that is bolt on, that would be the way to go.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if the frame is wider at the bottom, I think it may be narrower on the top on the v1 version. I say this because you can fit a 6ch rx in the bottom of the old frame as you can the new one. Now you have me thinking...

Wolfman

Ok guys it is a G-Sun 450 sport, I really wasn't impressed with the one piece skids, they have 4 screws one in each corner.
As for what parts are going to Align on, the main shaft, bearings and the linkages, the more I look at it they worry me and I am not ready to have it self destruct, good possibility I could could do that.

Randy

- - - Updated - - -

base.jpg
A close up of the skids in question. I guess I will find out next weekend what Align parts will fit, I am going up to the only shop around that has them in stock @75 miles one way, my future son-inlaw is going with me, he is the one that started this anyways.

Thanks for all the comments

Randy

base.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Actually those look universal if you did not drill the skids. Those center holes look like they would work on the pro version. I think on the sport the bottom was the same width, the top of the sport was narrower because of the cyclic servo setup.

Wolfman

They came in the kit guys, I just checked they are made by Tarot they sell the skids in white or black. The width of the bottom of the heli is 36.1mm if that helps.

Randy

Wolfman

Ok guys after to trip to the hobby shop and several $ here is where I am Align high carbon main shaft, align A & B links
Main rotor.jpg

My question to you guys is does the angle on the linkage to the blade holder, will that make a difference? If so I believe I can get shorter ball links for them.

Randy

Main rotor.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I would get shorter ball links. Those are for a flybarless head where the links go straight down to the swash plate balls.

Wolfman

I am working on getting the new ball links which looks like I'll go with ball links for the 500 to get 2.5mm threads!
Did you guys figure anything on the skid design yet?

Randy

Wolfman

Ok I got my new ball links and main bearing assembly installed, the tarot one piece unit is nice! bearing fit is perfect, whole unit keeps shaft square. The ball links made the links pretty much straight up at least.20130414_111434.jpg Main bearing assembly20130414_111458.jpg New skids for later.20130414_111625.jpg

20130414_111434.jpg

20130414_111458.jpg

20130414_111625.jpg

Top Bottom