700 This is different

Admiral

Saw that on one of the Local forums, lot of money to bounce off the water, looked great.

Last edited:

Geena

Staff member
It does look really cool. But the way they designed the lower frames looks a little weak to me. With no support between the landing gear and the long frame sides, it just looks like it won`t take much of a crash. Let me make this clear..... I`m NOT hating on it, or goblin. I`m just making an observation. Nothing more. I`m curious to see how they hold though. I think it`s really cool that Goblin finally came out with a helicopter with a regular tail boom though. I like the looks of the raw way more than the original design.....again....just my worthless opinion. ;)

Tony

Staff member
Gotta give Bert and Kyle credit since that video above was a repost by an asshat ripping them off. I couldn't find the actual video (if you have it, let me know and I will replace teh one in the first post), but I did find this, the making of....

Smoggie

It does look really cool. But the way they designed the lower frames looks a little weak to me. With no support between the landing gear and the long frame sides, it just looks like it won`t take much of a crash.
I share your concerns. The lower frame does appear weak, especially the front landing gear leg mount. This is an issue on the Kraken 700 too. In the case of the Kraken, the lower side frames are strong enough (and are cross-braced at the rear) but their attachment to the main frame 'spine' is very weak. The panels just brake away in anything like a hard landing.

Hopefully our concerns are misplaced because the RAW does look really good. It can be vary hard to get honest user feedback on these things especially with SAB because anyone who says anything that's less than 'gushing praise' (even if it's based on first hand experience) gets tagged as a 'hater' in some forums and on FB.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I think, with me anyway, that the raw look would be hard to determine front and back. I mean, I like bright, stand out canopies so I can see it from a distance. I would think it would be hard to see the raw from a distance. Just my :2c:

bigone5500

I want my canopy to cover the innards. Don't want as much dust as possible to get into the workings of it. But, alas, once I crash it the canopy will have done no good.

Top Bottom