Thinking About Bringing Back Broke Auto

Tony

Staff member
Those of you that have been on here a while may remember another forum that I had called Broke Auto. You will also remember that it was originally called Bitchin' Auto, but had some haters out there, so I changed the name.

Well, I'm thinking about bringing this forum back from the dead. At this time, it only lives on a DVD along with EZEthernet, another forum that I was starting up, but never got it going.

As if I don't have enough time working on this forum, I'm going to start up another lol. I just have so many automotive projects that I need to do, I'm hoping this lights a fire under my butt to get it all done.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Mainly, with the questions below.

If I start it up, do you think I should just load the old database, or should I wipe it clean and start completely over? Meaning, should I keep or remove all of the old posts?

I like the idea that's for sure.
I'd be happy to read the old posts, but are they going to be relevant?
I know the idea of going through each and every post would be tedious, and more time consuming that you have.
I'd probably go with start fresh and get it going

Tony

Staff member
I know what is on the forum, so I have no need to read any of it. It's just something to do to try and motivate me a little bit lol.

Stambo

Wow Tony, you seem to love putting yourself under pressure.
As if you don't have enough to do already.

Whatever floats your boat mate.
If you think it will do you any good, go for it I reckon.
And I agree with corsair_pilot, probably easier to start fresh.

Gerald

Could be intresting, as that is what I do for a living. I work mainly on Chrysler products, but have many years in independant shops also.
I would list all my qualifications and certifications but that would look like bragging and all of that plus $20.00 will get ya a cup of coffe at scarbucks.
It's up to you Tony, I think you got quite a few irons in fire all ready! don't over do it!

I recommend against it. If you already don't have enough time, this will just make things worse. Sometimes you must say no to good things in order to have time for the best things.

Tony

Staff member
Wow Tony, you seem to love putting yourself under pressure.
As if you don't have enough to do already.

Whatever floats your boat mate.
If you think it will do you any good, go for it I reckon.
And I agree with corsair_pilot, probably easier to start fresh.

lmao, you are right, I like having something to do but usually get myself swamped at times. I think we have decided to keep it as is since there is a lot of great info on there. Also, I don't have to go through setting up all of the themes again. The theme here on RCH actually came from BA. I designed it over there, then just transferred it over here.

Could be intresting, as that is what I do for a living. I work mainly on Chrysler products, but have many years in independent shops also.
I would list all my qualifications and certifications but that would look like bragging and all of that plus $20.00 will get ya a cup of coffe at scarbucks.
It's up to you Tony, I think you got quite a few irons in fire all ready! don't over do it!

I used to work in shops all the time until I blew my back out. Not bad, but enough that I can't lean over a hood all day. Killed it lifting an iron intake off a BBC. Yeah, that one hurt lol. Come over there and sign up. The forum is up and running at Broke Auto - Bitchin' Auto. When you are signing up, the old name used to be "Bitchin Automotive" and that is the phrase you will use to sign up in the questions. I'm working on getting new questions going. Hope to see you there. Sounds like you know what you are talking about and we need some good members to get this thing kicked off. And, we are needing some new posts, so if you have some projects going, post those up as well.

I recommend against it. If you already don't have enough time, this will just make things worse. Sometimes you must say no to good things in order to have time for the best things.

The thing with BA is there is already a lot of info there. Yes, it's old, but it's there. The videos that we are planning are short videos. I put some feelers otu there and it seems the short videos are doign the best. Well over 100k views total and getting hit about 1000 times a day. It's fantastic. So I doubt in teh beginning that we will be doing long videos. I really don't have time for that.

I have a lot of things around here that I need to do anyway, so why not grab the camera while i'm doing it? In all reality, I don't have any more work on my plate. The only time that could happen is if something happened to the forum and I had to repair it. But even that is not a big deal.

I am working on how I'm going to stagger shooting videos for both RCH and BA. RCH is still primary right now and I don't see that changing. I have too much fun on here. But there is something about the smell of burning rubber that I just can get away from. Horsepower under your butt, it's fantastic!

I invite everyone to come over and take a look and post up suggestions. Again, the old header used to read "Bitchin Automotive" and you will use that to sign up. I will be changing that soon though. Hope to see everyone over there.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, I have updated the questions on the BA forum. Simple answers this time, but a computer has a very hard time with them hehe. It's a constant challenge.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I am over there already! Lol I think I might even have the first post on there since it restarted lol!

I for one am glad you started it back up. Especially now that I've bought my stang. I have a few suggestions for the fourm. If you want to hear them, I'll pm you over there. Just a simple thing I notest last night while I was thinking about my first post on my stang. This could be has great a fourm has RCH is! We just need to get the word out to people who have an interest in nice cars and trucks! So I suggest to everyone here to come over and check it out. You might find that it's a great place to talk about your vehicals!

Tony

Staff member
There is a suggestion section in there. It's in the announcement section, very top forum section when you are on the main forum. Post up anything and everythign you think will help the forum. We need it. I brought it back to wake it up, not to just let it sit there and take up server space lol.

Ken Jackson

I've been my own auto mechanic for 37 years now. My step-father paid for repairs on my car when I was young but I had to do the work. As long as I made my car payment and insurance payments he felt he would help with the unexpected and teach me at the same time. He was a very smart man. But in the 70's it was much easier to be a mechanic.

I have helped my daughters boyfriends the same way but I make them do the work and I supervise. Of course they can buy their own parts, Lol! I do jump in at critical times but I make sure they learn something.

I'm up for it. The only downside of starting fresh is the loss of accumulated knowledge. If topics are still searchable I would maintain the library. But what ever is easier you over achiever you!! Aren't we all on this site, Ha Ha.

Ken

Tony

Staff member
Come on over Ken! We can surely use the help with people that know what they are talking about. I know chevy's, But not much of the other makes. Hope to see you there soon. Just in case you missed it, I did fix the questions on the registration.

Ken Jackson

That's funny about Fords but if it wasn't for Henry Ford there wouldn't have been any Chevys!

My current vehicle is a 2002 Trailblazer. Been an awesome truck, glad I bought it. Picked it up with 89k miles on it and I have 136k on it now.

My Truck 1.jpgMy Truck 2.jpg

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

This is my decal on both sides of my Chevy, HaHa.

IMG_6656.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops right side up of course.

My Truck 1.jpg

My Truck 2.jpg

IMG_6656.jpg

Stambo

Does anyone else see the title of this thread subconsciously changed to broke back autos?
Or is it just me. :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
It's just you lmao. However, my back is kinda thinking that lmao.

Starting to put some new threads up on the other forum. Project "Ultimate Sleeper" has been posted. But, you all will have to go over there and read it to know what it is.

Tony

Staff member
For anyone that is having issues accessing the forum (brokeauto), I think I have found the issue. It turns out that it's trying to resolve to two different nameservers. ns.inmotionhosting.com as well as ns1.rc-help.com. I'm working on fixing this issue right now, but this may cause issues to this forum (rc-help) durning the process. I hope not, but we will find out.

I'm working on the issue to get it resolved. Hopefully before the new year lmao. Otherwise, 2014 is going to start off like crap lol. Here's to hoping I can get it done quickly. Yeah, waiting for DNS to resolve, and the word "quickly" do NOT belong together hahahahaha.

Top Bottom