Quad thinking about a good go pro camera quad.

hawk-i

Hey guys been looking at a few quads for some aerial photography, would like something good size that wont get tossed around by the wind with gps and auto return
. Anyone have any ideas for the best bang for the buck?

WyDiablo

A DJI 540 or 550 would be a good start, The 550 would have a little more room than what the 450 would have. Its just that the 550 is a hexa and not a quad like the 450.

Stambo

Everything gets moved by the wind, larger quad or hex less so.
A good quality gimbal can mitigate this to a degree.
You need to define your requirements a bit more.
What quality video do you want.
What flight times do you want.
What is your budget.
Are you prepared to build it yourself or do you want an out of the box RTF system.
What is your flight experience with multirotors.

hawk-i

I really don't need super sharp video. It's only for personal pleasure. I was expecting flight times in the 10 to 12 min range. I'm trying to stay around the $700 dollar range. I don't mind building it myself but have 0 experience with quads . I been flying 450 class collective pitch birds for a couple years now.

Lee

$700 is a good amount for a Quad.
Take a look at the QAV range from GetFPV. The QAV 400 would be a good choice with a NAZA on it.
Or the new Blackout 330.

hawk-i

Yup my wife let me know that $700 was not in the budget with Christmas looming in the background. So we compromised and I gat a blade BXH7880A 350qx, probably just as well seeing as how I never had a quad in the air before. But I'll post some pictures and maybe a video if and when I get it off the ground. It doesn't come with a radio but I have my dx6i and my Taranis so between the two I should be able to get it going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom