There goes two connectors DOH!!!!!

Lee

Twice in two days i have managed to blow uo a connector by trying to plug it in the wrong way :(
First was plugging a battery into my paraboard BANG!!!! gold bullet goes up in a puff of smoke and sparks.
Second was trying to plug my Warp 360 in the wrong way DOH!!!!
I blame cold fingers and dark skies for it. Or even Dumb thumbs :D LOL

Good job i just got 20 more EC3s in the post :D

murankar

Staff member
Welcome the world of "I scared the scrap out if my self so bad I peed myself!!"

I am thinking if going ec3 for this new build. I just need to make sure they are in the order.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Lol... Lee, I wasn't gonna post this... But light of your honesty I'll fess up. Couple days ago I plug'd in 6 pks to test run my new power supply... Powered up the PSUs, plug'd in the charger, paraboard, and the began to plug each battery in... On the 6th battery I plug'd in the ec3 and when if plug' the balance cables POW!!! Lol, I plug'd the 3s balance leads into the 4s balance port... Missing the ground connection... Lol... Embarcement! Rookie mistake! How does this happen?? WHY!!!???.. Lol so I'm out a $30 pulse pk... And feel'n the same... Good news, lesson learned and the charging station a success..

Graham Lawrie

Good to hear i am not the only mistake maker on here:) LOL nearly did the same withmy paraboard as i had the jumper in at the bottom that i made to foolit into thinking my balance lead was in for the 150 battery charging:) spotted it in time,just a wee bit of smoldering:) I got the normal electrical burning smell:) Went over the whole paraboard with my meter checking continuity on every pin and track and all seems fine:) close call:)

Lee

I got away with just a chard bullet. Lucky my para board and my YEP 45A ESC are ok.

Stambo

I got you all beat. I had 2 4s batteries I was putting on the charger. Lots of leads lying around.
Guess what happens when you plug them together.
And it happens really quick too.
I had read in many places that the disadvantage of HXT connectors is that you can plug 2 batteries together.
I always thought who would be that stupid?
That would be me. :)
Just a moments inattention was all it took.
I thought I was plugging in the charger lead.
Well 2 new HXT plugs later, both batteries seem to have survived the ordeal and are still giving me 10 minutes+.
Needless to say I pay a lot more attention when plugging batteries in to the charger. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom