450 The TREX has landed

callsign4223

Staff member
Here she is, straight from Adam. TREX 450 pro. You can see the box in the background, that's what Adam shipped it in. When I first saw the box I thought no way is the heli in there, he must have shipped me a box of parts and it got here first. Nope, it was all in there, just partially disassembled. It is all now reassembled and ready for me to bind it up, well almost. Adam had it setup with a rx, and I am running a dx8 so I was planning on running it with dual sats. Unfortunately, I don't have any sats. After I did the math, I think it makes more sense to sell the 3gx and get a AR7200bx. I won't need to buy extra sats, and seeing how this is my first FBL setup, I would prefer the easier setup of the AR7200bx.

Ohh btw, huge shout out and thanks to Adam for the steal of a deal and the BRAND NEW 3g blades he sent with it as well.

Photo Apr 05, 5 16 21 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 05, 5 16 21 PM.jpg

heli-maniac

yep you got one hell of a deal on it
and you would do much better by putting the AR7200BX on it get t ordered and get it in the air

callsign4223

Staff member
Got a bid going on one on ebay right now. If I don't win that one I will ask around the forum and see if anyone has an extra laying around that they might wanna sell.

Adam

and make sure you put scotch tape under the tail assembly so it doesn't spin on the boom

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm really looking forward to it. I always thought the blade 400 was fine, until I got my hands on the trex. The level of craftsmanship is completely different. Everything on the blade was always just a little loose or a little off. The trex is so tight it's crazy.

Also managed to sell my blade 400 today so the misses isn't quite as upset with me :)

Adam

ya I sold you that helicopter to get another one so the mrs don't ban me from rc-help haha tony & gaba are the devil

canongraphy

Gratz Matt! look forward to seeing this fly, and yep you got a great deal, you bought it before I could reach for my wallet LOL have fun!

Tony

Staff member
If you want to know how to do wire management on that thing, I can show you. Just bring I down when you come. Oh, and that is a 450 Pro V2, not just the 450 Pro. And I agree with the BX, the more simple you can make it, the better.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ok, I managed to snag a 7200bx off of that OTHER forum. :evil:

My problem now is that it doesn't fit. The 7200bx is much wider than the 3gx and doesn't fit inside the frame. There is a nice flat spot on top behind the anti-rotation bracket that looks like it's begging to have something put there. Is that where you would suggest to put it, or is there another "normal" place to put a 7200bx on this heli?

Adam

yes and I would take the whole heli apart because the wires won't reach the way tony ran them lol

heli-maniac

that is were i mounted mine or you can mount it on the side of the frame
as long as the the servo plugs run to the front or the back not up and down

Tony

Staff member
Put it on the anti-rotation bracket. That is the safest place besides in the frame. We will get it setup tomorrow, then we will watch as you lawn dart it into the ground hehe. Nah, this heli is going to be more stable than ANYTHING You have now when we are done with it.

Top Bottom