The Studio Is Frozen

Tony

Staff member
I know you guys up north are used to this kind of stuff, but we down here are not. We had a pretty good size cold front blow in and it took is from 66F one day to 5 the next. Today, is the day after that low.

Yesterday I didn't even come out here because of the high winds and the blistering cold. But today, I have to get some videos going. So I made a fresh pot of coffee (I LOVE coffee...) and headed out here to shoot some videos. Are they on Rc... Probably not lol. But they have to get done.

First thing I did was turn the studio lights on. They are florescent and take a while to warm up to full brightness. Second thing, fire up the heater which I'm sure is not going to do a thing to these temps out here. When I left the house, it was 13F outside. And it's about the same in this studio.

Knowing of this front coming in, I left the computer running in the studio. Nothing like a bone hole computer starting up and creating condensation on your chip. Thankfully, the computer is fine, but somehow the bridge I use to connect to my network in my house (about 200' away give or take) completely locked up. First time this has happened to me. No moving parts but even silicon chips said it's too friggin cold out here!

Thankfully I was able to restart the bridge and get it working, but there is still and issue... You can see my breath so videos can't happen until the temp goes way up in this studio. And I highly doubt my little propane heater will heat it up that much. I'm just using my emergency ice storm power outage thing on top of the tank out here, and it is not meant to deal with these kind of temps. Might need to look into another heater, but seeing as money is an issue, that is not going to happen any time soon. So it's a catch 22, story of my life. I can't make videos because it's too friggin cold, but I need the revenue the videos make to support the site...

It's always something...

Top Bottom