The state of Oregon looking to ban FPV and Drones

wolfman76

yeah now kidding it is just getting crazy for our hobby..... i could see if some idiot is actually using a fpv for vouerism and recording ppl invading their privacy intentionally recording someone....

xokia

yeah now kidding it is just getting crazy for our hobby..... i could see if some idiot is actually using a fpv for vouerism and recording ppl invading their privacy intentionally recording someone....
How does a bill for FPV prevent that? There are trees, buildings, zoom lenses, climb on top of your house. Many different ways to continue doing what 0.000001% of the FPV pilots out there might do.

The sad part is they are selling this to the idiot public as a ban against federal agencies from using this equipment. But if you actually read the bill it excludes federal agencies and targets the publics ownership. It even goes one step further in stating any RC vehicle that can have a camera mouted to it should be banned. Its worded as such that pretty much all RC aircraft could be banned.

Tony

Staff member
Banning these will come from people that have their head stuck up their ass. I can take a twig off of a tree and stick a camera on the end of it and do what they are trying to say quads will do. Just put the stick over the fence.

It's illegal to drink and drive, but they are not banning driving
It's illegal to beat someone over the head with a baseball bat, but they are not banning baseball.

This bill will NEVER happen.

xokia

Never say never. America is becoming more dumbed down every year. My favorite movie is idioacracy I see this happening every day.

Look at the proposed gun control. Hammers kill more people a year than rifles yet we must ban scary looking rifles. Not a dang thing proposed would have prevented the tragedy that happened in Conn. But that doesn't stop them from using the victims to pass an agenda

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The sherrif here where I live has already stated that he will NOT enforce any gun law that they bring down. We just passed a bill here that makes it a FELONY to enforce the healthcare law. I love Oklahoma sometimes. I can carry my gun on my hip and there is nothing the feds can do about it lol. Oh yeah, and I can still fly FPV where I want within reason.

and just to keep with the rules, if this becomes a political bickering contest, I will have to delete this thread. As per the rules, there are supposed to be NO political threads, and this one is right on the line, but it's not across it yet. If we can keep civil, I will keep it going.

xokia

The sherrif here where I live has already stated that he will NOT enforce any gun law that they bring down. We just passed a bill here that makes it a FELONY to enforce the healthcare law. I love Oklahoma sometimes. I can carry my gun on my hip and there is nothing the feds can do about it lol. Oh yeah, and I can still fly FPV where I want within reason.

and just to keep with the rules, if this becomes a political bickering contest, I will have to delete this thread. As per the rules, there are supposed to be NO political threads, and this one is right on the line, but it's not across it yet. If we can keep civil, I will keep it going.
We have a couple sheriffs here that have said the same thing. The problem is its just grandstanding. When it comes down to it they will be forced to comply or risk losing federal funding or risk being pushed out of office.

For the RC crowd the bill just shows the ignorance on the subject. The author tried to submit the bill as anonymous.

Graham Lawrie

Totally mad Derek:) The down side to the good ol US of A, mad politicians, and over litigation:) The world is going mad!!

Top Bottom