20140211_181842.jpg Well I had to give in reluctantly:(

- - - Updated - - -

20140211_182206.jpg
Performance booster my butt!!

Better name: "Bad Design Replacement". V1

20140211_181842.jpg

20140211_182206.jpg

treff

Go on Graham............................................I'm hooked..............................................................What ripoffsky ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Slobberdog

Graham I get the pain with this heli and believe me you are one in so many, but dude I got to see this bird in the air, Align should have stepped in and at least offered a discount for these bits with an original receipt.

treff

Now.....................................I saw the second pic.....................................................................That ripoffsky...........................................................Yes
could not agree more. That is indeed ripoffsky of the year. How come in this hobby you buy a helicopter and it does not have to be a cheap heli but you hand over
your hard earned and before it can fly it needs an update and you have to hand over more cash. If that was a new car or anything else you would be round the retailer banging on their door.
Yes ripoffsky is alive and well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Graham just found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwX0cHnQaQ I think it will be the answer to your ripoffsky problem............................................................for ever

Last edited:

EyeStation

Funny thing about that video. After all the "fixin" in the shop; the tail motor was still in the mount & landing gear still had it's tabs.

Slobberdog

I have to say that even though some have had issues there is always going to be one idiot that has more money than sense,

while I agree that Align has messed up with this heli and got it out to market a little early, I don't think it is worth taking a hammer too, people that have had bad issues have had replacements and therefore had reasonable customer service, I was very close to ordering one of these on first release but had an Mcpx given to me so decided to hold off, and yes I was glad after seeing what is going on with some of these,

But come on guys, for ever heli that has an issue there's loads that don't,

Yes it's naughty of Align to release a performance booster when it should be a recall item, and it's the frame I am on about not the swash,

cml001

I've got so much in my 130x... I couldn't even consider the 150... And I'm fork'n out more on the 130x like a dummy!.. I should be getting regular servos in the mail.. And have to upgrade the ESC/BEC to make that work... I really believe in the long run that micros are just as expensive if not more 450 size and up... But hey.. We are the crack heads that keep buy'n... Lol..

Graham Lawrie

You are all correct:) Kev will fly/video it soon.......I hope. And I am just angry at myself for getting sucked in with the hype.

Eventually I will have ploughed in enough to have bought a DX8 or 9:(

treff

Not to worry Graham. Your talking to a dickhead here who brought a ripoff disk for Phoenix flight sim with out the lead and paid.......................no, no I can't say.
I will say this. For Godsakes, at my age will I ever learn not to be so stupid. I must put the one brain cell I have left to better use.

Lee

Performance booster !!!! LMAO I nearly choked on my Rice Krispies. What a Joke.
Graham, I hope this fixes it for you mate.

Graham Lawrie

Performance booster !!!! LMAO I nearly choked on my Rice Krispies. What a Joke.
Graham, I hope this fixes it for you mate.

Thanks Lee:) I could be up for a swap with your Warp Lol.

Joking aside. My next helicopter won't be Align.

Ken Jackson

Not to worry Graham. Your talking to a dickhead here who brought a ripoff disk for Phoenix flight sim with out the lead and paid.......................no, no I can't say.
I will say this. For Godsakes, at my age will I ever learn not to be so stupid. I must put the one brain cell I have left to better use.

I hear you dude! I thought I was the king of dumb stuff, LOL

Ken

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah align 150 is a big pain in the butt. It is not recommended at all. It's just bad . If you get lucky and set it up just right it'll fly well. But don't let it touch the ground or you'll be back at bench again for long long time.

I got some lynx parts in it.. I am trying hard to get a high frequency vibe out or dampen it.. This bird is on its last life.. It it doesn't lift off. It's getting sold for dirt.

Slobberdog

Yeah align 150 is a big pain in the butt. It is not recommended at all. It's just bad . If you get lucky and set it up just right it'll fly well. But don't let it touch the ground or you'll be back at bench again for long long time.

I got some lynx parts in it.. I am trying hard to get a high frequency vibe out or dampen it.. This bird is on its last life.. It it doesn't lift off. It's getting sold for dirt.

Gaba you have had the 130x how does it compare, as that is not without its faults

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I hated the 130x to its guts too. It was expensive as hell to fix and yes the tail wag was a plague. I sold that all metal decked up and running.

It was ok I guess .. Tail hold was MEH.

Align holds its tail very well. Just have to make sure no vibes are getting to that stupid gyro. Once it's calm.. It's a great gyro and has great power.

Don't know. I thought that I could another micro a chance. But man this is out of hand..

I might be traveling internationally a lot.. So thought this could sit in my bag.. And travel with me.. But it's bleek

Graham Lawrie

I have bought lots of spares and upgrades and lynx parts. Not had a lot of time on it, but find myself going to change loads before I fly it properly. Feel I am at the limit of my investment, if it doesn't perform I will sell it and upgrade my TX :)

Slobberdog

I have been thinking over the last couple of days of getting rid of my 130x and getting the 150 DFC but after Gaba's and your experience I think I have been really put off by that thought,

Graham Lawrie

I wouldn't be put off Kev. I am too inexperienced to listen to:) and who knows when I put the time in it may all come good:)

murankar

Staff member
Yeah the micros right now just don't seem to cut it on the 6 channel frontier. If you go fixed pitch the the market opens up a lot. The only other micro that I know of is the axe 100 ssl. Gaba had made a point about it but can't remember for the life of what it was about that heli.

I guess if you want something small and portable the only other thing I can think of is a 250 class. Those have their own issues Also.

My final thought is if you want micro and be portable so you can fly while traveling then a fixed pitch maybe your only option.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom