250 The Re-Building Of Nightmare (HK250GT)

Tony

Staff member
Whatup everyone. As you guys have seen, I sent Nightmare on the ride of it's life, and it didn't end well. The helicopter with a dark canopy, was lost in the trees after flying too far away. At that time, something glitched and the tail spun around on me, and I couldn't tell what direction the helicopter was facing. After fighting it for what seemed like an eternity, I cut the throttle to save what I could, and just waited for the impact. And even though it was over 100' away, it sounded like a tree snapping in half when it hit lol.

I'm pretty sure the glitch was caused by the OrangeRx that I have on the helicopter. It's sitting right between the motor and ESC, the two most interference prone pieces of electronics on the heli. I think with the lack of shielding on the Rx, cause it to catch a glitch. So, I'm going to be totally redoing the helicopter.

You may have read that I have already gotten my parts for the 250. Way to go ReadyHeli! and I cheated a little and put the skids on it already. I just couldn't wait lol. It looked so sad just sitting there all broken and dipping down. But, they will be coming back off for wire management. I'm going to be moving the electronics around, and I'm going to try to get the Rx as far away from the other electronics as I can. This is easier said than done on a 250...

So, stay tuned as I rebuild Nightmare.

Nightmare Crash 006.jpg

Nightmare Crash 006.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Here is how Nightmare sits as of this morning. As you can see, I have taken the gyro, Rx, and ESC off of the helicopter. In the picture in the first post, you can see where I had the ESC. Well, I'm moving it to under the battery tray, and hoping that the wires don't hit the motor. If they do, I will have to put a bracket there or something to hold them. I think I'm going to take the MG90S servos out of the plane, and put in standard servos for the cyclic. These are just too big for what I need them for. I can't even get my canopy on there. The wires are another issue all together. When I put the cheap servos on there, I may shorten the servo wires to I can clean it up a little better. We will just have to see though. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309189931.000283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309189931.000283.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I couldn't do that lmao. It's a little nightmare, but when its running right, it's a blast. I will get everything setup perfect, and do it again.

Tony

Staff member
They use 9g like the 450's do. It's just that the MG90S has a longer case, and it doesn't allow the body to mount correctly.

Tony

Staff member
Well, the rebuild of Nightmare is complete. Unfortunately, Nightmare how has a new home and a new owner. It's in a box, and on it's way there now. Hope to see a lot of video of this helicopter in the near future.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
@tony... that is a tiny tiny heli.. i wasnt expecting it to be that small.. lol .. my fiance theresa finally likes one heli.. according to her its "cute" .. lol

@RCD.. NO i dont have my dx6i.. its gone to horizon hobby. I am having a hard time without it. I wish I had it. I cannot fly anything except the MSR.

Tony

Staff member
Cute? Be sure to reply to that after you fly it the first time. On the maiden, it tried to decapitate me.

Tony

Staff member
If it does, I quit lmao. 425mm blades are just a bit more capable than 205mm blades hahaha.

Top Bottom