600 The New Kraken 580

murankar

Staff member
I finally saw the trailer for the new Kraken 580. Yes that's 580, not 570. SAB rally hit this out of the park so far. I like what I saw in the frame. What I like about what I saw is that this kit out of the box is 550-600 blades size ready. That's right a 600 kit is finally emerging back to the market.

If you own a 12s 570 everything appears to be transferable to the 580 on 580 blades. Going 600 you may need a new power system, esc and motor for the most part. Not sure on the packs for this. If its like the 570 I would expect 3000 to 3300 6s packs in 12s config. I don't think this will run on 6s with 580s but if you have 570s laying around it may work.

I didn't see anything yet on the all up weight ready to fly. My guess is that it will feel like the 570 on 12s and be super light for the 600 config. I cant see anyone flying 550s on this unless they are looking for that high disk loading. I can only imaging how this kit will auto on 600s, guessing like a 700 nitro.

Lets see how this plays out.

Smoggie

here's the official SAB video:

And the specs:
98551330_3066172366736318_8598802977911734272_o.jpg

It is very much modelled on the 700 Kraken although the transmission layout is like the traditional Goblin design with the tail belt driven on the bottom of the main drive pulley rather than from a seperate output shaft at the rear like the Kraken 700. This must mean the OWB is in the main pulley too, again like the regular goblins.

Airframe weight is stated as 1760g without electronics. Adding typical electronics I'd guess RTF (less battery) weight in the 2.5 - 2.8Kg range, depending on build spec.

It does look very nice, great paint scheme too. Price in the USA is $759 . In the UK£599 (inc VAT) and in mainland Europe 759 Euro (inc VAT)

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Its got me thinking. Maybe after I get this house bought and things settle down. Its a really nice looking machine.

murankar

Staff member
Colors? Who knows. My guess canomod will be doing the non stock designs. I am not sure if SAB commissioned canomod for the new models.

I just looked and as if right now they do not list Kraken as an option. We shall see what happens

It sounds like they are now using someone else to do their paintwork as Kyle stated they had new techniques for paint designs, I am currently waiting for the new Urukay to be released, they are selling the old model off at 964 Dollars but if I want to order it, I have to go through Goblin in Italy and pay 1564 euros twice the price, if the flights was operating I would go to the states and make a holiday of it and still be in pocket. rip off Europe again, even spoke to S.A.B

murankar

Staff member
We shall see. Canonmod has been their supplier since the beginning. The only I can think isbthat they are doing in house painting now.

A lot of companies are switching to this vinyl transfer dips, for costs. changing the subject have you seen the T A K U M I H E L I must be the rolls Royce of helis seen one flying at a Californian show last year a true carbon fiber heli, best cut gears I have ever seen on any kit heli at 2,900 dollars it should be good I recon it would be pushing £4,500 to complete properly but its an amazing piece of kit. https://www.takumiheli.com/product-page/takumi-t700cf-helicopter-kit
044400_1352204e9ad8407db23986442f60d01e~mv2_d_3984_2988_s_4_2.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom