Projects The hausler budget build

I'm a new builder, this is my 2nd build, just thought i would share it, i bought the kit from ebay for 45 bucks, i believe it was called supercub2011 but is excatly the same as the entry level hausler 450, i think put it together for about 80 bucks including motor esc and servos. Well just thought i would share it with you guys.IMG_6308.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6310.JPG IMG_6312.JPG IMG_6308.JPG IMG_6308.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6310.JPG IMG_6312.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6310.JPG

Tony

Staff member
The ole Se V2, man do I miss mine. One thing to note though, your flybar paddles are on backwards. Might want to turn them 180 before the maiden flight.

Geena

Staff member
Nice little helicopter. As Tony said, turn those paddles around. It will fly loads better.

Tony

Staff member
One of the best upgrades you can do to that helicopter is to get the V3 front tail block. It will get rid of that double block (one for the drive gear and one for the tail boom) and make things much more sturdy. I have one on mine and it was the best purchase I have made for this heli. Sadly though, mine is torn apart in a bag now after a very bad crash.

Oh, and the gears for the V3 tail block are cheaper as well.

Tony

Staff member
That thing looked really stable!

I have that same motor (sitting in a box though) and you do have to be careful with that one. I would not go over 90% throttle on your curve because it is 500kv faster than what came with that helicopter originally. Add that to the fact that the metal is not as strong, and you really want to keep the head speed under 3200 rpm.

As for using it with a 30a ESC, I think that motor only pulls 25 amps max load so you should be fine, just touch your ESC after the first few flights. If you can't hold your finger on it for longer than 3 seconds, then you need to put a 40a on it. But again, I think you will be fine.

ok, awesome thank you for the advice. wouldn't be here without your helpful youtube vids, really saved me when it came to leveling the swash with the zip tie method and how to setup the servos

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure! The SE V2 was actually the first kit I did any videos on (HK450GT) and if it wasn't for that crash that broke the frame, lower plate and the motor mount, I would still be flying it lol.

Tony

Staff member
I thought about getting another kit so that I can have a flybar helicopter here, but just not sure yet.

Top Bottom