600 The Goblin is done

Tony

Staff member
Other than that little wobble, that heli looked and sounded great in the air. Can't wait to see you air it out.

holtneil

HI Tony I am going to reduce the cyclic gain to 48% my best friend smoggie said he had same problem on his at this low head speed
I am hoping now that I have the Spirit system fitted I may start to try more with the heli as It has a top notch recovery system

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi Neil, sounds fantastic! Well done! Heli looks amazing with lots of shiny bits and pieces, shame we can't enjoy looking at that aspect when you're flying. Superb!

I'm interested to know how much stick input you're giving to keep it so stable in such a confined area for over five minutes.

Smoggie

Neil's and my Goblin 630's are almost identical, same servos, same ESC, same motor, same FBL... like they were separated at birth!

Here's mine a few weeks ago.. or is it Neil's;)

Last edited by a moderator:

holtneil

Hi If it does more than hover its yours LOL
Hi Heliman450 I am a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to swash levelling It has to be 100% and I keep at it till its spot on so in a hover its nearly hands off ,You have the Spirit pro and this has a stable mode so that must be really good if the hover is this good in normal mode , I can get my 500 pro on a Kbar to hover in wind for a little bit hands off too , I never could still I started to get the swash level tools and now I would not do it with out ,Tonys zip tie works well just make sure you knock it while levelling

holtneil

Hi mate not to bad the scary one was the back garden maiden lol going to take a few flight to get used to how it flys it set up different from my Trex 500 pro , I am amazed at flight times at 1900 I get 7 mins and batteries still read 3.87 a cell so it should be able to do 8 mins for a bird thats 10lbs in weight thats good its a real growler of a heli

Smoggie

That's better flight times than i'm getting Neil, you should be able to get ten minutes easy! I'm running bigger blades at a bit higher RPM and slightly smaller batteries, but i can still get 7 minutes which is great by most standards. Says a lot about the efficiency of the heli.

holtneil

Hi Guys thanks I dont think the weather going to stay good we have the tail end of the storm that gave you guys the snow
Hi Steve I never take the batteries real low but I may start to fly more on idle 2 so will see how much battery is left , I know you fly -12 +12 when you come to land can you get down gentle or is it a bit jumpy so you auto it , I have my lower 2 points up a bit so its not a linear curve and its a bit jumpy when landing ? so if linear is better I will change it back

Last edited:

Smoggie

I most often land with a 'baby auto'.. You are right that a smooth landing with full headspeed is quite tricky to make 'clean' though one option is to have a low headspeed for take off and landing. You could also have that flight mode with a reduced pitch pitch curve (say +/- 8 deg). I used to use a reduced pitch curve for exactly this purpose but stopped using it when i forgot what mode i was in and went inverted and nearly ran out negative pitch, so i just use full range linear curves in all flight modes now.

A linear +/- 12 Deg 'curve wont make landing any harder. if you have 0 deg at mid stick then it really makes no difference what you do with the bottom half of the curve because unless you fly inverted you will never use it... So you might as well have it linear.

Top Bottom