450 The Canopy won´t fit

pavotibio

Hi guys, glad to see the forum´s back.
See, I realized today that the canopy for my Trex 450 3g does not fit. I´m sure I read somewhere bout someone else with the same problem. I know I don´t know whether to drill new holes or cut the canopy. Any of you have fixed this? Pics would be great help for sure.
Thanks

PS Today I´m flying my 450 for the 1st time!!!

Tony

Staff member
It depends on where it's not fitting. I dont' like drilling new holes unless it's absolutely necessary. Can you by chance post a pic or two of what the issue is? that will better help us understand what issue you are having.

Derek

What is it about the canopy that doesn't fit? You mentioned something about the holes. Are they not lining up with the canopy holders?

The only problem I had with my canopy not fitting is that the fiberglass on the bottom was too thick, so it wouldn't slide into that slot on the bottom of the frame. I just sanded that down a bit until it would fit.

Graham Lawrie

Hi guys, glad to see the forum´s back.
See, I realized today that the canopy for my Trex 450 3g does not fit. I´m sure I read somewhere bout someone else with the same problem. I know I don´t know whether to drill new holes or cut the canopy. Any of you have fixed this? Pics would be great help for sure.
Thanks

PS Today I´m flying my 450 for the 1st time!!!

I remember in Tonys video he had to cut down the foam on the base. I never had any issue with mine it fitted like a glove, even with a large battery, which i position slightly higher up. Pics would help:)

Tony

Staff member
I did cut the foam to half the thickness (Adam can upload pics if he has not changed it) because I didn't like having to pull that hard on a canopy to secure it. But when it was on, it didn't move lol.

stokke

The canopy on my 450 has always been a tight fit (no modification to the foam pad) - but it works. I've seen some people run the battery wires out of the top (near the rotor head) - this might cause the canopy not fitting.

pavotibio

Had forgotten about the foam trick. I just cut one half of it and problem solved.
I tried some hovering manouvers, in the four main positions, it flies nicely! Didn´t want to try anything else since I was the only peson in the field (usually there are more people who, in case you need some help, are always willing to give u a hand).
also flew my new 2nd hand trex 250. After 3 succesful flights, the wing changed in strengh and direction and raised my canary straight to heaven. I lost orientation and miscalculated the distance from the ground. It wasn´t a huge crash but the metal main rotor holders jumped out of their sockets. i´ll post more info and pics in the appropriate secction of the forum.
Thanks to everyone of you.

Mauricio

Tony

Staff member
Great deal about getting the 450 in the air and I'm glad cutting the foam worked to get the canopy mounted. Sucks about the 250 though.

xokia

I fight with my canopy all the time. Something you wouldn't think should be an issue with this expensive of a helicopter!!

murankar

Staff member
There are times when I fight with mine. I now just put the battery on, the the canopy and then I pish the battery into place for cg. I have toms if room under mine because it can fit a 6S 1800 math battery under the hood.

Top Bottom