700 The Awesome "Velos 880" helicopter

Dirk

Wow, that thing is awesome. Two motors, interesting. I wonder what batteries and how many they use?

4 Servos on cyclic. Nice.

Last edited:

Derek

We are heading there tomorrow morning. I'll find this monstrosity and get pictures and details.

Just the tail boom, alone, is massive, lol

Tony

Staff member
If I had some cash, I just found a SMOKING deal on a 700... But yeah, 880... a bit too much

Slobberdog

Holy smoke batman, that tail boom is thicker than my forearm, lol

As you say four cyclics at 90deg phasing, two motors, has to be 18s,

That would be second mortgage time oh and divorce and well you get the picture, looks freaking sweet though,

Derek find out what you put on the second tray in the back, and some nice close ups please.

Lee

Man thats a monster.
Funny I was just looking at a Goblin running duel motors today.
They would have to be perfectly matched, not to have one pulling more than the other.

EyeStation

They would have to be perfectly matched, not to have one pulling more than the other.
I must be real dumb, I was thinking the second motor was strictly for the tail belt. And still wonder where the tail servo is at???

Lee

Holy crap!!
That would be one strong tail, running on a 14S capable Scorpion motor :D LOL

I must be real dumb, I was thinking the second motor was strictly for the tail belt. And still wonder where the tail servo is at???

Admiral

It looks to me like the Tail servo is not fitted, there is no push rod in place and in the picture where he is holding it there appears to be a servo bracket on the boom without a servo in it. FANTASTIC looking machine though, even if I won the lotto a wouldn't buy one, I'd hate to destroy such a beautiful machine.

Derek

The 880 in the pictures belongs to my friend Antonios. He bought it today. I'll be at IRCHA in about 12 hours from now. I'll talk with him and get some details.

Top Bottom