600 That’s Stuffed It...

hi guys and girls,
Just a quick update for all you rebuild lovers... planted the 550DFC Pro on Sunday. Left me with a rather long list of bits to get so taking advantage and doing a complete service and FBL unit change at the same time. It was possibly too windy but not an excuse for dumb thumb.
C7AA4CA7-5A4B-42C1-BC04-6611979FB721.png

Main blades
Tail blades
Main gear
Canopy
Boom
Both main shaft bearings
Drive gears
Torque tube umbrella gear

Still learning lmao
Chris

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I feel for you Chris. Just the other day I did the same to my 500DFC :(. Coming out of a loop and the heli motor stalled on me. it wasn't pretty. If your not crashing, your not trying hard enough lol.

Tony

Staff member
That is one hell of a divot those blades left in the dirt. Sucks bro, hope you get it back in the air soon.

Had most of the parts already, just need to order the blades, main gear and canopy, so should be airborne again in a couple of weeks

Admiral

Sorry to see the damage, at least you know why that happened, small consolation I know. A few months ago I upgraded my 500DFC with new servos because I had been running the original Turnigy servos from about the original build about seven years ago, so I installed new KST servos. Three weeks ago in a nice hover about 14 feet off the ground, WAM straight nose dive in to the ground, I was scratching my head FTW had just happened ??
During the re-build I found a completely dead servo, I replaced it and have flown a couple of flights since, and it is back to normal. Maybe the economy Turnigy's were't so bad, just a bit slow.

All standard align ds625 in the 550. Last of the 550 with unbranded 550L dominator motor just before they launched it. About to upgrade to to a Spartan Vortex Vx1e though when rebuild complete.

Admiral

My 500 has had many change since being purchased as a Flasher 500 unfinished project for about A$50 in 2011.
Completed with Turnigy cyclic servos and Futaba tail servo with Align GP750 Gyro fly-barred and belt drive tail.
Upgraded in 2014 to FBL with Align 3GX gyro and torque Tube tail, the only model I had that flew well with 3GX.
Upgraded in 2015 to AR7200BX when I had had dramas with 3GX Gyros on 2 450's.
Upgraded in 2017 to KST Servos, Castle ESC and iKon version #1 when I decided to migrate to iKon so the I could have Auto Level & Rescue options.

last thing I wanted was a servo failure on about the tenth flight, all good back up a going again.

Smoggie

That's a bummer. It was awful windy on Sunday. I gave my Trex 700X one flight then gave up.

Hope the 550 is fixed up and flying soon

holtneil

Hi mate they always look sad after a crash , your list was about as long as my 630 goblin list
It will soon be in the past and your be flying hard again

Top Bottom