Testing Image Upload

Tony

Staff member
44F387D6-E17A-468C-A176-054E29360146.jpg Testing to see if this new addon is going to work as expected.

44F387D6-E17A-468C-A176-054E29360146.jpg

44F387D6-E17A-468C-A176-054E29360146.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I installed an add on that is supposed to take the URL, pull the image and set it to an attachment here on the site locally. But, all this add on is doing is taking the default Photobucket "we are here to screw people" image and is uploading that to the server. Not doing what it is supposed to do. No worries, just going to uninstall it and move on.

RandyDSok

While I understand that a lot of folks use Photobucket... if PB doesn't want files shared in a manner that people are using it in... then those people need to move on and stop gap solutions such as this add-on was trying to provide aren't going to resolve the issue.

Tony

Staff member
It wasn't just for photobucket. I'm absolutely tired of seeing threads where there were images but they no longer exist, but mean a lot to the post. This add on would basically take the image and store it locally so that the image is there forever rather than just becoming another dead link. I used photobucket as a test because they are greedy bastards not allowing you to post IMG tags of YOUR photos on another site. I'm working on a way to get all of my photos off PB (been a very long time since I uploaded there, but still want the old pics) but with over 1000 images on there, it's going to take a while. was hoping I could just use wget, but that is not workign as planned. But it's whatever, PB can do what they want, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to give them $400 a year just to host images. Friggin rip off.

ChopDrifter

+1 I see soooo many threads on forums with empty PB pics, the thread has become useless.

PB and all the other pic hosting shouldn't be used on forums any more, especially now days that most forums allow the user to upload the pics locally. I think PB also charges $$$ now days, so all the more reason to just upload the pics in the forum it self and abandon pic hosting sites.

Tony

Staff member
photo.php
photo.php

Tony

Staff member
That last image actually worked. It was not from PB though. But the one below is lmao.

HeadersAndExhaust003.jpg.html

HeadersAndExhaust003.jpg

RandyDSok

I've been spoiled having my own webserver... and now with using WordPress as a CMS... it makes keeping it updated much simpler....

PB270026a.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You and wordpress lmao. How did you upload that image? Was it wrapped in an IMG tag? Or did you use the upload a file or photo button?

RandyDSok

You and wordpress lmao. How did you upload that image? Was it wrapped in an IMG tag? Or did you use the upload a file or photo button?

Yeah... I am liking WP.... Adding media is a drag and drop feature that really makes uploading easier. In addition, the gallery add-on I'm using, means I don't have to code in the new pics, again just drag/drop or select the ones I want to add. Not to mention being able to change website themes on the fly if I want.

I used the Image button and then just copy/pasted the url to the pic in the dialog popup box.

Top Bottom