Test Rode A GSXR 750...

Tony

Staff member
I just don't like that Harley that I have. Hands go numb when riding and that doesn't happen with the sport bikes. So I stopped by the local bike dealership and saw this GSXR and I have always wanted to ride one. So, I told them the only way I would consider buying it was if I could ride it. It took a bit but they agreed.

I had to wear their helmet, that sucked lol. But I go on the test ride from Main and I-35 in Norman. I get off 1 mile north at Robinson and head east to 24th st. I had to wait on an ambulance that was coming and once he turned in front of me, I pulled behind him. There was a local Norman motorcycle cop on the right getting ready to pull out and after I passed him, this black dodge pulls out in front of me. I throw my arm in the air yelling something that I can post here lmao.

Once I looked back forward, I saw the local motorcycle cop had his lights on. Okay, maybe he is following the ambulance. NOPE! He hits his siren so I just stop that bitch right in the middle of the road lmao.

Ne comes up to my bike and starts reading me the riot act. "Do you have any idea how illegal it is to have a vehicle on the road with no license plate?". wait, what? And boy he is still going off on me. I look up at him and say "sir, I'm test riding this bike and thinking about buying it". He immediately changed his tone and asked "What dealership?". I told him "Norman Yamaha, the salesman is right behind your bike in the green truck". Oh, the look in his eyes changed instantly!

He told him to pull in front of my bike and park. He did, and started to get out of the truck. The officer started yelling "stay in your vehicle!!!" lmao. I'm still sitting on the bike. Then he asks me for my license, and I get off the bike and give it to him. At this time, the backup car that he called showed up to block the road to keep two bikes from getting hit, as well as me, still on the bike lol.

He takes the license of the salesman and heads back to his bike. Once he is back there, I start talking to the other officer saying that this is the first time I had been pulled over on a bike, and the first time I had been pulled over in... (I couldn't remember lol) and I hollered back at the bike cop when the last time I was pulled over since he ran my license. He stated "I have no idea, you have a valid license with an M endorsement and were on a test ride, I see no reason to run your info or give you a ticket. The other guy on the other hand, is getting the ticket for allowing you to ride a bike without a proper tag". At this time, I asked if I could get off the bike and out of the road, that road was quite busy, and everyone was looking because it was a crotch rocket with two cops behind it. Most of the time, someone is going to jail in that situation lmao.

I went over there and talked to teh officers, and they stated that either someone bring a proper metal dealer tag, the tag for the bike or they were going to tow the bike.

The sales manager showed up with a paper tag after about 15 minutes and the officers told him "you put that on that bike, you had better own it or you are going to be placed under arrest and the bike towed". At this point, I'm trying to hold back laughing. Turns out, they don't have a metal dealer tag for a bike, only cars... Yeah, red flag on this place.

The officers allowed the manager to push the bike into the parking lot (that I could have pulled into lol) but if he turned the key on, it was his ass lol. So he pushed it in there, the salesman got the ticket and we headed back to the dealer in the managers S2000. This, has to be the smallest car I have ever been in!

When we got back, he went and talked to his managers and said "any of the accessories that you watn over there (and pointed toward them), I will give you 15% off on anything for your troubles". And I replied "oh, you mean all that CRAP that is mostly for women that you mark up 30-50%? Not good enough and I consider that an insult!!!".

Needless to say, I didn't get a bike today lol. Norman Yamaha has blown it 3 times now and as in baseball, well you know...

But I will be getting my sport bike, just not from this damn place.

GSXR 750 Pulled Over On Test Drive.jpg

GSXR 750 Pulled Over On Test Drive.jpg

trainrider06

Don't do it! Buy a Goldwing! Or another cruiser!
My last bike before this Harley was a Kawasaki ZRX1100, it was a powerful beast back then!
I can only imagine how powerful they are now!
I was never a wheelie King or any of that crap these kids are these days, but I knew and could handle that bike
like a GP Moto racer! That bike all I would have to do was grab throttle off a rolling start and the front end would stay
about 2 feet up through 3rd gear! Then one day I was doing one of my high speed runs through some country back roads
coming hot into a little twisty, and a thought entered my mind...."do I have too much speed here"
Right then and there I decided to sell it, and buy a cruiser!
I knew I would always be temped by the sheer power and handling of that bike, but I was starting to second guess myself riding it. Those bikes and the bikes nowadays just have too much raw power and are too tempting.
Don't get me wrong, I love those bikes, he'll I love scooters anything that gets you in the wind I still want to feel that power too, but too much to risk nowadays!

Tony

Staff member
I can't do a cruiser, they are just too damn heavy. I love the sport biles, I like the way you sit on them and I like the fact that I can adjust the suspension to soften the ride for every day riding or I can stiffen it up if I want to head up to Hallett. But I think the 750 was a bit much. This king about looking at the R6 today which is what I owned first. In fact, the r6 was my first bike lol.

trainrider06

Hehe, yeah I remember when I went from a Gold Wing to a 600 felt like I was on a toy bike, then when I went from even a liter bike sport bike, to a Harley, I felt like I was riding a Train....slow to stop, heavy, bulky.
I've owned several different motorcycles over the years, my preferred bike was is Honda's.
If I still did a lot of cross country riding, I'd own a Gold Wing. Just cannot beat those for dependability and comfort, and you'd be surprised at how nimble those bikes are also.
I love my Harley also, have taken many many road trips with that bike also, but as I got older I don't take those long road trips because my butt don't hang in the saddle like it used too. And really this bike I have now isn't the best as far as long trips go for comfort.

Lee

I guess you remember seeing my Gixxer 1000?
It was too big for me, so I have been considering the 750.
What are you doing buying a Suzuki in a Yamaha dealership??? :D

Tony

Staff member
lmao Lee, it was just sitting there and I had to ride it! I have always wanted to ride a Gixxer, and now I have. And wouldn't you know it, I get pulled over lmao.

The 750 was quite comfortable and had loads of power. The only thing that I didn't like about it is how tight the steering was at higher speeds. The clutch and gears were smooth and short, the thing revved to the moon in no time at all and sounded great. Might go ride a new one at the local Suzuki dealership. I'm sure they have dealer plates so I don't get pulled over for that crap again hahahaha.

jody1974

I just don't like that Harley that I have. Hands go numb when riding and that doesn't happen with the sport bikes. So I stopped by the local bike dealership and saw this GSXR and I have always wanted to ride one. So, I told them the only way I would consider buying it was if I could ride it. It took a bit but they agreed.

I had to wear their helmet, that sucked lol. But I go on the test ride from Main and I-35 in Norman. I get off 1 mile north at Robinson and head east to 24th st. I had to wait on an ambulance that was coming and once he turned in front of me, I pulled behind him. There was a local Norman motorcycle cop on the right getting ready to pull out and after I passed him, this black dodge pulls out in front of me. I throw my arm in the air yelling something that I can post here lmao.

Once I looked back forward, I saw the local motorcycle cop had his lights on. Okay, maybe he is following the ambulance. NOPE! He hits his siren so I just stop that bitch right in the middle of the road lmao.

Ne comes up to my bike and starts reading me the riot act. "Do you have any idea how illegal it is to have a vehicle on the road with no license plate?". wait, what? And boy he is still going off on me. I look up at him and say "sir, I'm test riding this bike and thinking about buying it". He immediately changed his tone and asked "What dealership?". I told him "Norman Yamaha, the salesman is right behind your bike in the green truck". Oh, the look in his eyes changed instantly!

He told him to pull in front of my bike and park. He did, and started to get out of the truck. The officer started yelling "stay in your vehicle!!!" lmao. I'm still sitting on the bike. Then he asks me for my license, and I get off the bike and give it to him. At this time, the backup car that he called showed up to block the road to keep two bikes from getting hit, as well as me, still on the bike lol.

He takes the license of the salesman and heads back to his bike. Once he is back there, I start talking to the other officer saying that this is the first time I had been pulled over on a bike, and the first time I had been pulled over in... (I couldn't remember lol) and I hollered back at the bike cop when the last time I was pulled over since he ran my license. He stated "I have no idea, you have a valid license with an M endorsement and were on a test ride, I see no reason to run your info or give you a ticket. The other guy on the other hand, is getting the ticket for allowing you to ride a bike without a proper tag". At this time, I asked if I could get off the bike and out of the road, that road was quite busy, and everyone was looking because it was a crotch rocket with two cops behind it. Most of the time, someone is going to jail in that situation lmao.

I went over there and talked to teh officers, and they stated that either someone bring a proper metal dealer tag, the tag for the bike or they were going to tow the bike.

The sales manager showed up with a paper tag after about 15 minutes and the officers told him "you put that on that bike, you had better own it or you are going to be placed under arrest and the bike towed". At this point, I'm trying to hold back laughing. Turns out, they don't have a metal dealer tag for a bike, only cars... Yeah, red flag on this place.

The officers allowed the manager to push the bike into the parking lot (that I could have pulled into lol) but if he turned the key on, it was his ass lol. So he pushed it in there, the salesman got the ticket and we headed back to the dealer in the managers S2000. This, has to be the smallest car I have ever been in!

When we got back, he went and talked to his managers and said "any of the accessories that you watn over there (and pointed toward them), I will give you 15% off on anything for your troubles". And I replied "oh, you mean all that CRAP that is mostly for women that you mark up 30-50%? Not good enough and I consider that an insult!!!".

Needless to say, I didn't get a bike today lol. Norman Yamaha has blown it 3 times now and as in baseball, well you know...

But I will be getting my sport bike, just not from this damn place.

View attachment 14581
Don't blame you at all,wow!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom