Kits Telemaster Colors. You Decide! Vote Now!

Tony

Staff member
As you guys know, I have been building this kit for a while now. And, I just took it down and started on it again as you can read in the other thread in this section. But, before I can glue anything together, or actually fly this plane, I need to figure out what colors you want on the plane. Now, because of the massive amount of choices, I'm going to let this go for a while without a poll, then I will create a poll.

The HobbyLobby plane is red and white. But, that is too plain for me. I can and will do the fuse in one color and the wings and controls in another. Or, we can do it all one solid color. And yes, it will have to match the logo of the site since I will be putting that on there as well. In vinyl, not kote lol.

So what are you waiting for, let me know what colors you like best. If I can figure out how to do the dual colors on the same sheet, I will do it. And if any of you have good writeup's on covering a plane in monokote, post those up as well.

Tony

Staff member
That would violate copyright lol. I just need solid colors. Even transparent colors to show the wood. But, it will have my logo on the side, and on the wing. Maybe even the tail lol. I'm leaning towards the hobbylobby colors. But, mine will say Rc-Help, and not hobbylobby. Just have to figure out how to do monokote...

Tony

Staff member
Blue is a little dark, but I will try and work it in. The bad thing, each roll is $15.

Tony

Staff member
You do know that I have never worked with monocote before, right? lol. I think that may be a little above what I can do at the moment.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So you only need to buy 2 colors. The red will be in the RC-help logo. I only suggested basic cause if this is your first job you want to keep it simple.

Plus too much wight will make it hard to see on cloudy days. Add the blue and your patriotic! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
I am actually thinking about just covering it all in red. Solid Fire Red lol. Then, use white vinyl for the stripes. Should look pretty good, we will find out anyway.

Tony

Staff member
It is red. But, if I cover the whole plane in red, then use white vinyl and just cut out the logo, it's like putting the white stripe on the plane, then placing red lettering on top of it since the red will come through the open lettering in the white.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That will work has long has you have plenty of white to distract from the red. Can't wait to see it done!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just go rope one of those big trucks hop up into the pilots seat command her down the road a piece and you'll have plenty of money to do what you want lol

I am actually thinking about just covering it all in red. Solid Fire Red lol. Then, use white vinyl for the stripes. Should look pretty good, we will find out anyway.

This sounds like a great colour combo, as the White will help the Logo stand out

Tony

Staff member
That is the plan anyway lol. Right now I'm torn though. Cover this one, or purchase another kit to build... I guess I really do need to cover this one lmao. Ugh, so many cool things out there, and so little money and space.

talberter

You can really see it,if it is Red or Orange. I noticed Randy's plane just a few days ago. It is an Orange Edge. You can follow it easily and at a great distance. Also Jerry Watchafarkle has a Big Stick that is Red, that is also highly visable as well. My Yellow winged, Blue fuselaged foamy is real easy to follow.

I would also stripe the bottom wing as I am gonna do whenever I decide it's worthy of any more work, if I can quit smokin motors. 3rd maiden coming up. It's all Louis's fault..............:nightmare:

Top Bottom