Team Losi 22 SCT Unboxing

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Team Losi 22 Sct Unboxing

You all have waited for this, and here it is. The Unboxing of the Team Losi 22 SCT (Short Course Truck)

For a few years now, I have wanted to get back into racing. I had went to the local track (about 35 minutes from my house) a year or so ago and wanted to see about getting back into it. Well nothing panned out of that one and I never went back. But I did get some information. Seems that the SCT's were the hot ticket that everyone was running. I didn't like the SCT's, and I think that led to me not really going back.

Well the other day I went back again. This time, I knew that I needed to leave with something. I needed to get back into racing. Rc-Help is about helping everyone, not just those with aircraft. So I went to the track and started asking questions.

Yet again, the SCT's were the hot ticket. More surprisingly, they are running them indoors on concrete and they have put jumps in. They are also running an oval and the hot ticket there is the Sprint Cars. Since the SCT's have more people racing them, I decided to go with one of those. But what one...

After about an hour of thinking about it, I had it narrowed down to the Losi SCT. But, did I want the RTC (Ready To Compete) or a Kit? 2WD or 4WD. Yup, time to start talking to some racers. Turns out all of the novice and sportsman drivers are running 4WD, or the SCTE. All of the top drivers are running the SCT 2WD trucks. This let me to my final decision. I was a pretty good driver when I quit racing, and I really don't want to be getting run over on the track by a novice driver. So the Team Losi 22 SCT it was.

I didn't want the RTC kit because the motor was not big enough, the steering servo was not fast enough and so on. So I picked up the kit version, and I'm glad I did.

Below is the unboxing of the Team Losi 22 SCT. This is just a short overview video of the truck. Next week, we will get into the build of the chassis. In the weeks after that, we will get into the build of the transmission and finally the shocks. I say finally because that is as far as I have gotten on the truck at this time. I'm trying to get some more money so that I can complete the build in the next couple weeks so that I can do the setup and get out and do some practicing with the truck.

If you have built or raced one of these trucks, post up and let me know what you think of them.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I just logged in with your account, and was able to see it. What is it telling you?

Tony

Staff member
I need to know the exact response. That response is not one of the responses that the forum gives.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Top Bottom