Quad TBS discovery fly away

WyDiablo

This guy over on the heli freak forum had a TBS fly away and I think that some of you guys live in NY but I don't know how close. I has a finders reward on the TBS if someone finds the quad. He lives on Trumansburg, NY

Fly way ! 4 th day I got to fly . Took it for a trip down back to the pond and started loosing signal on my monitor as I was turning back, got disoriented and hit fail safe go home. It just kept going. New Gopro 3 and all gone. Im so upset Im suck to my stomach. Im done with R/C for a long time now. Definitely no more Quads with Naza v2 GPS. I just re calibrated too when I took off from a different location in the yard just to make sure I was good to go to the pond and back. Too sick to say anymore , dont know why cp is in the title? Too upset to proof read,

Stambo

When I was researching what FC to get as a step up from the KK2 I saw many stories about NAZA runaways.
It made me very wary and I decided NAZA was not for me.

Lee

That sucks big time. So much money just flying away.
I would def put a gps finder on my quad if i was running Naza, and my phone number.

WyDiablo

Yea I really feel for that guy over on the helifreak forum. He's on a fixed income and raked and scraped money up to but the quad setup and in less than a week its allo gone down the drain. He even hit up his credit card to finish up his multi copter order. I sure hope that he or someone finds the quad and returns it to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Lee what type of GPS finder are you taking about?

Lee

Not sure what devices are out there, but i'm sure there must be something.

Stambo

I would sooner crash than lose:(

Apparently when the NAZA decides to fly away there is nothing you can do.
You lose control totally so crashing is not even an option.
We found my friends one almost 2km away.
Thank goodness for frsky telemetry.

A note to NAZA users, do not use a lipo beeper anywhere near.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

The only beeper I use is a standard cooking type digital clock beeper for the flight times. Its louder than the beeper on my spektrum DX7. If I could find a GPS device to mount on my qauds that would send a Lat/Long signal back to the DVR I would surely buy one.

Last edited:

Stambo

I have an OSD that puts GPS cooordinates on my FPV goggles. I also record my FPV video.
If the aircraft goes down I have the GPS coordinates where I lost contact.
Would not help in this situation except to give a track where to start searching.

WyDiablo

Where did you get your OSD Stambo and what was the price? But with a DVR it would tell you where it when down if played back.

Stambo

Where did you get your OSD Stambo and what was the price? But with a DVR it would tell you where it when down if played back.

I don't have DVR but I record with my laptop.
When you play back after it goes down you will get a general area, but if it keeps flying out of range you are still pretty well lost.

I use a G-OSD v3 from HK. Cost $37.50 US.
It gives you GPS, altitude, speed, course, distance from home, battery voltage and a "B" for base as a return home.
Altitude is above sea level and can not be set to take off altitude but I take a mental note at take off.
It is really basic but if you want more you pay more. :)

Here is a vid of it working. The bottom of the display is cut off because I had the capture settings wrong in my laptop.

First FPV flight with G-OSD V3 working. - YouTube

Last edited:

fhu667

Tile
Has anyone seen this ad / product? I thought it was already out, but apparently it's not released yet. They transmit bluetooth, so the range is limited. However, if you report something missing or stolen then any phone with the app will report it if it runs across it. If they sold enough of them it sounds like it would be good for keeping up with stuff, at least in urban areas.

On the other hand it might only be handy if you lose your quad in your den....

Top Bottom