Quad Tarot Ironman 650 Quadopter

Jerryz

Well i'm starting another project. I just received the Tarot Ironman Quadcopter. I gotta tell ya, all I received with it is basically a parts list. No build instructions at all. Does anyone know if the is a manual or build video out there?Tarot.jpg

Tarot.jpg

Jerryz

Yes it is. I have no idea how i'm going to put it together. There are probably 30 parts, and maybe 20 screws. I guess I'll just take it piece by piece.

Lee

Couldn't find a manual, but heres a build video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Ok found one.

Attachments

• Tarot_650_001.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Jerryz

That video is excellent. He has a slightly different quad than mine. Mine is foldable, but the basics should be the same. thanks a lot Lee. It's strange. I searched youtube and came up empty. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for the instruction sheet. It's the same one that came with my Quad, but the one you found is 10 times darker and larger. You can't even see the parts on the one I have. thanks Lee.

Jerryz

The video was fabulous. Got the quad together (almost). I have inserted a closeup pic of my quad frame. You will notice orange and silver "spacers" used to separate the frame pieces. I have googled every possible word, no luck. Does anyone know what they are called and where can I get some. I need to mount a battery tray that does not come with this quad.

Quad.jpg

Quad.jpg

Jerryz

Great thanks. the color is not that importtant. I did find some others, but all in Hong Kong. No offense to them, I just hate ordering from there because it gets close to a month delivery, if not a couple of weeks. Thanks..I will check theses out.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul that was perfect. those will do nicely. Thanks again.

Jerryz

I'm kinda running out of real estate on my quad. Flight board power board, battery. Eats up a lot of space. I'm looking for a CF battery tray. Saw a few on google, but not exactly what I want.

Tasajara

Nice Quad.... I have one myself. I noticed you are in Fla. if you are looking for any extra items Range Video has a few thing to go on this frame and they are in Fla. I do believe

I mounted my battery hanging from the camera rails,
Here is what mine looks like before I made retracts for it.

11 - Tarot 650.JPG

Here is what my retracts look in action... :yahoo:

11 - Tarot 650.JPG

Jerryz

Paul thanks for the lead on the standoffs they are perfect. Well I fired up my Tarot quad, and I noticed that one motor starts about 1 second behind the others. Is that a setting issue, or is it normal?

pvolcko

Probably need to do endpoint setup on each ESC in order to get them firing at the same time and get them interpreting full throtttle the same.

Stambo

Calibrate them all together if your FC allows it or individually direct on your RX if it doesn't.
What FC you using?

Jerryz

Calibrate them all together if your FC allows it or individually direct on your RX if it doesn't.
What FC you using?
I have the new HK KK2 hard case. Are you talking about the procedure where you power on the DX8, push the throttle full, then hit the 1 and 4 button at the same time?

Hey Tasajara..very nice quad. I am toying with the idea of retracts for mine.

- - - Updated - - -

On your retracts, were these the ones from HK/
011-03303(2) (1).jpg

011-03303(2) (1).jpg

Stambo

I have the new HK KK2 hard case. Are you talking about the procedure where you power on the DX8, push the throttle full, then hit the 1 and 4 button at the same time?

Thats it.
Hold 1 and 4 as you power up the quad (PROPS OFF FOR SAFETY)
Keep holding them and bring throttle down etc.
Best to have someone help as you need too many hands.

Jerryz

Thats it.
Hold 1 and 4 as you power up the quad (PROPS OFF FOR SAFETY)
Keep holding them and bring throttle down etc.
Best to have someone help as you need too many hands.
Worked great...motors are humming. I was having trouble with my KK2 "Hard Case". I kept trying ACC calibration and it always failed. It said Acc Z "Not Ok" Well I have seen many posts about the same thing. Well here is the problem. Of course you point the arrow forward, BUT it seemed natural to install the board arrow forward and label up. I flipped the board over with the label down. Bingo! problem solved. I'm telling you all this in case anybody asks. :arms:

- - - Updated - - -

thanks guys for all your help. Here is my next project.

Stambo

I don't know about the modern ones, but the older KK2 PI gains were a bit high for larger craft.
Be careful with your first flight.
Dhdsracer on youtube has some excellent KK2 setup videos.

Then it's flight video time, we want to see the maiden. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom