450 Tarot Flybar Position

Hirobo.61

I have a Tarot 450 Sport V3 main rotorhead on my Align 450 Plus. The flybar is set-up according to Tony’s video- leveling it with the 2 links from the swashplate to the head. Servos are centered, servos’ links at 90 degrees and swashplate is level. When setting the pitch (-10 to +10) do I need to hold the flybar in the horizontal pos. ? I’m using a Rc Logger digral pitch gauge. Or should I just set the pitch and let the flybar move freely? I watched Tony’s video, but I’m still somewhat confused regarding this process. The Tarot does not have adjustable links. Thank you your help.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you hold the flybar rod horizontal otherwise it will affect the pitch readings. I made a flybar locking tool in one of my videos so that it holds the flybar and I don't have to worry about it. But with my flybar helicopters, I find it easier to just use a mechanical pitch gauge instead of an electronic pitch gauge. Just easier.

Hirobo.61

Yes, you hold the flybar rod horizontal otherwise it will affect the pitch readings. I made a flybar locking tool in one of my videos so that it holds the flybar and I don't have to worry about it. But with my flybar helicopters, I find it easier to just use a mechanical pitch gauge instead of an electronic pitch gauge. Just easier.
Thanks Tony.

Geena

Staff member
You might be able to find a flybar lock on ebay, for next to nothing. It`s pretty much a must have, if you`re flying a flybarred helicopter.

murankar

Staff member
Give this video a go. Should give you the info to make your own lock and how to use it. This guy used to be on this forum. He bailed years ago and i think he is no longer in the hobby. I know he has sold his gobby 630.

Top Bottom