1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

450 Tarot Flybar Position

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Hirobo.61, Dec 14, 2018.

< Merry Christmas | Main Blades >
  1. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    I have a Tarot 450 Sport V3 main rotorhead on my Align 450 Plus. The flybar is set-up according to Tony’s video- leveling it with the 2 links from the swashplate to the head. Servos are centered, servos’ links at 90 degrees and swashplate is level. When setting the pitch (-10 to +10) do I need to hold the flybar in the horizontal pos. ? I’m using a Rc Logger digral pitch gauge. Or should I just set the pitch and let the flybar move freely? I watched Tony’s video, but I’m still somewhat confused regarding this process. The Tarot does not have adjustable links. Thank you your help.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes, you hold the flybar rod horizontal otherwise it will affect the pitch readings. I made a flybar locking tool in one of my videos so that it holds the flybar and I don't have to worry about it. But with my flybar helicopters, I find it easier to just use a mechanical pitch gauge instead of an electronic pitch gauge. Just easier.

3. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Thanks Tony.

4. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Certified Aircraft Welder
    You might be able to find a flybar lock on ebay, for next to nothing. It`s pretty much a must have, if you`re flying a flybarred helicopter.

5. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Thank you Geena, I'll check it out; can the flyer lock be found on Ebay?

6. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Certified Aircraft Welder
  7. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Give this video a go. Should give you the info to make your own lock and how to use it. This guy used to be on this forum. He bailed years ago and i think he is no longer in the hobby. I know he has sold his gobby 630.

< Merry Christmas | Main Blades >