450 Tarot 450

wtowns

Hi! Folks
I am trying to do a setup on my tarot 450DFC using the AR7210BX. I have done a couple using the AR7200BX, but wanted to try out the safe feature in the AR7210BX, but I really can't seem to understand the setting up of the safe part. I have downloaded the extra software needed from studio x and installed it in the flight controller, but I am very confused about what to actually do to set up the controller itself. I would love to see a video of the complete setup of this control unit if anyone has had experience with it.
Tony's video was an excellent one for the AR7200BX and I would like a similar one but using the full safe feature of the AR7210BX if possible.
Hope you can help
Cheers
Warren

trainrider06

Hi Warren, Yeah we do need a setup video of that unit. I don't think though I have seen anyone on here that has one. I'm curious myself.
What you might could do is post up some either screen shots, or if you have printed instructions we could all maybe tune it! And learn how also.
If I got time I'll see if I can find the manual and give it a look over....

trainrider06

Hi Warren, thanks for the manual link, I looked it over kinda quick, but looked like you set it in Paremeter L and they recommend safe with bailout, I'd do that also. What they are talking about in the channel setup is which switch your using to operate the unit to kick into panic mode. I'm getting ready to hit the hay, but will read more about it tomorrow. What radio are you using???
Sounds like a DX6i model is fine, but a more programmable radio would be better, like the newer 6,8 or 9. But looks like all will work. At first glance I wouldn't worry about governor mode, just leave that disabled, but it looks like it kinda sets up like most other bailout systems basically. The important thing is setting your switch up for it, I noticed something about re setting your "hover pitch" or something like that, if you went to the bailout with pitch up. That would be the setting I'd use, because if you were too low and in trouble the heli wouldn't gain any air, and crash anyway, because it was too low. So that's something to think about....what part are you at where you got confused in setting it up exactly?

wtowns

thanks again trainrider06
I am using a DX9. I got pretty much confused after I got through the settup menu. I am glad you said to ignore the RPM govenor. Pretty much when I get to where it says first flight (page 32). Although it is probably about page 34 that I really get confused. I am not sure exactly how to set up the switches on my transmitter and especially understanding how you switch from rate mode to heading lock mode. And then from that point on...the parameter menu and (page 35)and on through the safe set up on page(45). I fly in mode 1 so I generally use switch G on my transmitter as my idleup switch and of course switch I is my bind button.
Not sure if I have given you enough information to be able to help further. I am reading through the manual several times to see if it sinks in...but I am just not that tech. savy...electronics often confuse me, I am much better with mechanical things.
But I really appreciate your help.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Smoggie
I will check that manual out as well and see if it sheds more light on the subject

Top Bottom