Other Taranis X9D connected an Ikon FBL controller

toranarod

I expanded to the FrSky system for the serial data bus protocols like PPM and SBUS for my drone controllers. I am now trying to connect my X9D Taranis to an Ikon FBL controller using PPM serial data .
So far its not a straight forward process. Others on this form and else where seem to agree.
Has anybody done this Now. I am having a go.
I like the Open TX software and firmware so functional. Nice Radio lots of hardware for it and compatible with every thing.

toranarod

What RX are you using?

Hi

Yes I am a Spektrum guy and have been for years. My helicopter fleet are on DSMX satellite great radio. It all started when I purchased a PixRacer controller for my Quad. I needed a radio with all the serial bus protocols like PPM and SBUS Frsky had all the new ones and PIX4 where developing more support for Taranis than any other radios on the market. Obvious step?
I did get the PixRacer flying on a Spektrum lemon DSMX Sat with PPM output. It seem Impossible to get a bind on Spektrum Sat like my Helicopters with iKon FBL. SO That is why I now Own a TARANIS.

My receiver of choice for this Taranis to iKon experiment is FrSky D4R-II using PPM out.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I got it.

My Trex 450 with an iKon FBL controller on my TARANIS X9D . This will be the first flight with my X9D radio.

toranarod

Complete manually configured the Radio and experience really did familiarize me with the Taranis system. I will spend a few more days with this helicopter before I try it on a Neuron FBL heli.
There are so many configuration options with the Taranis. It’s a compatible with everything system.
Some photos of my Helicopter.

[video=youtube_share;qAaufoSZIpA]https://youtu.be/qAaufoSZIpA[/video]

X9D_1.jpgX9D_2.jpg

X9D_1.jpg

X9D_2.jpg

Top Bottom